Self Care Is Essential

Self Care Is Essential

Take care of yourselves before it's too late.

4

Life is overwhelming and crazy. We all know this. Life doesn't have to be overwhelming and crazy if we channel our stresses in a positive way. It's so easy to be overwhelmed and channel it in a way that doesn't benefit you. I should know because I'm still working on that even with everything I balance.

So, even though I'm still a work in progress here, the cure to stress is self-care. We always want to power through and get everything done, and that's great, but you feel that at the end of the day. It's okay to work on something for a little while and then take a break. You're working towards something so it's good to take a breather.

As a workaholic type, I always want to get everything done and I don't like to feel like I'm losing time. I always like to get something done if I have time and I overwhelm myself because I'm so work oriented but I need breaks in between even though there are times when I won't admit that. I have this theory of "If I don't do it now, I'm never gonna". I figure if there's time, it can be used wisely.

\So, back to the topic of self-care, the real way to pamper yourself is to take a break. Take 5 minutes for you. Breathe. Listen to music. Drink water. Typical but effective methods. Relaxation is more important than we realize sometimes. It's great to get all the work done, but it's not worth it if there's the possibility of burning out. I was actually given the advice of taking time for myself. I'm incredibly selfless and I overlook my own off time because of this.

The is key is that we all need "me time". We earn this time because we get so much done, but the same way that we work, we need to relax too. There needs to be balanced or there is chaos. It's okay to designate your time because you deserve to be happy and you deserve to feel good about things instead of feeling on edge about the next time complex work time rolls around. It's gonna come up, so we might as well rest up and be prepared.

People. Take time for yourself. Your efforts will make a difference. If you're going to go for something, be happy while you do so. Stress is just a part of the existing, but it doesn't have to be if it is effectively channeled. Use the things that stress you out to motivate you to achieve instead of struggle. It's all possible with a good perspective.