Listen, If Self-Care Looks Like Eating Ice Cream For You, That’s OK

Sweet treats make everything better.

21

Coronavirus is a pandemic that has created crazy times and has even created a global mental health crisis. One thing that I have really attempted to focus on during the pandemic is putting more time into self-care, as we are having to spend more time alone in quarantine.

Self-care that is healthy and often preached about includes working out and meditation. However, self-indulgence can also be counted as self-care, such as eating ice cream and watching romantic comedies in sweatpants with a bun on.

Here are five other tips that are absolutely OK to enjoy and count as self-care, especially as we get through this pandemic because anything and everything is possible and we are all just trying to do our best in these trying times.

1. Shopping Sprees

Socially distanced online shopping may even be helpful.

2. Baked Goods

Cupcakes, cookies or pie can even make me feel better on a normal day.

3. Binging Netflix

Other options may include Hulu, Disney Plus and Amazon Prime.

4. Read a Trashy Novel

Romantic novels or fantasy novels can take someone to another dimension where there is no coronavirus.

5. Scroll Through Social Media

Honestly, self-care can look like looking through hours and hours of Tiktok.