What To Do On A Self-Care Day

9 Tips For Your Next Self-Care Day

We all need them so let's make the best of them!

101

Self-care days are so important and even though they may not come as often as we may want, here are a few tips to make the best of them!

1. Start your day off with a face-mask.

Face Mask Instagram

I always saw all these people online with their Lush face-masks and seriously thought it was overrated. I was wrong, your skin will thank you for it and you will feel refreshed as heck when you take it off. What's a better way to start the day?

2. Give yourself time for a slow morning.

https://unsplash.com/photos/TXHml4xX9A0

I don't know about you but most of my mornings just happen so fast. For your self-care day just take time to stay in bed for a little longer and to make yourself that boujee looking breakfast dish you've seen on Instagram. Treat yourself to a chill morning and a delicious breakfast.

3. Unplug from social media.

https://unsplash.com/photos/cspncX4cUnQ

Social media can have such a huge effect on our mood and sometimes it can be a negative one if we are comparing ourselves to others. However, I think it's a great idea to unplug from social media for the day and instead just focus on reading a book or something else you enjoy.

4. Reflect on your life and how you feel.

https://unsplash.com/photos/HYcXUU-mLwE

Ok, this sounds totally cliche but hear me out on this. I think sometimes we bury our feelings in our busyness. Sometimes huge life events happen - good or bad ones- and we don't even have time to process them. Incorporating this into your self-care day gives you time to just process things and really look into what has been going on around you and how it's affected you. An idea is to do this through journaling.

5. Spend time with someone you love & who you can be yourself with.

https://unsplash.com/photos/Jtw7P2KXHyI

I know it's self-care, but if you're like me sometimes spending the day with a loved one is just as relaxing. Especially if that person is someone who you can just be yourself with. For me it would be my sister - it's just that very easy-going relationship where you don't have to be 100% social or energetic, you can just be yourself.

6. Do some kind of activity you enjoy

https://unsplash.com/photos/b3Vh1gfDeW4

Maybe it's a walk in the park. Maybe it's going to a movie or playing baseball. Whatever it is, trat yourself to this activity/hobby for the day.

7. Do a workout

https://unsplash.com/photos/ylw27U1nb5s

What? A workout? I thought this was self-care day. Yes, it is but honestly a workout can just put you in a really good mood after and make you feel very productive.

8. Spend some time in prayer or reading the Bible.

https://unsplash.com/photos/9uL9h8zaBc0

My self-care days are also days where I can spend time with God. I can spend time praying and it brings a calmness and peace into my life that no one or nothing else really can.

9. At the end of the day, plan the rest of your week

https://unsplash.com/photos/flRm0z3MEoA

My self-care days are not very common but when I do have one it's like a breath of fresh air in the middle of the week. It really gives me time to think about what the rest of the week/month brings and prepare for it. I think making a calendar makes me feel so productive and organized.