Self-Care During Midterms

Self-Care During Midterms

Self-care during midterm season could effect the results of tests in a dramatic way.

7
Self-Care During Midterms
Photo by Lesly Juarez on Unsplash

Midterms are never fun but they sadly are a reality for college students. Here at Missouri State University, midterms have arrived but sooner than wanted. With those midterms, stress becomes present in daily life for many students.

Stress is never a good thing for anyone's mental state and can cause many other issues that could lead to physical problems such as headaches and stomach pains. When you add exams to that, then studying and taking those tests can end in grades that are less than desired. After getting such grades, the stress can increase and the cycle starts all over again. Feeling stressed is something that is hard to avoid. It is inevitable for all college students but there are ways to combat this and ease it.

Self-care is simply being able to care for yourself. It can be by doing something you enjoy or by allowing yourself to relax as best as possible. Self-care is often seen as a feminine exercise but it is a healthy activity for all genders. Being able to calm yourself down and find a stable mental space is a strong attribute. There are many ways self-care can be used. Some popular methods are face masks, meditation, coloring, naps, working out and spending time with pets.

I am someone who tries to use self-care several times a week to help ease the stress of school. I can say that self-care truly has helped me with midterms this week and I hope someone tries it out as well. It does not hurt to benefit your mental health and with the stress with college life.