6 Things That Happen When You See People From High School

Ah, yes. The classic being-at-home dilemma.

140

.

1. You get flustered.

First of all, if they're only an acquaintance, you probably haven't seen these people in two or three years. What do you say to them? Do they even remember you?

2. You probably end up saying hello.

Whether it be the awkward eye contact from across the grocery aisle or the fact that they said hello first, you probably end up striking up a conversation with them.

3. You begin to rack your brain with things to say.

What's their major? What college did they end up going to? You quickly realize how fast you forgot these things once you graduated.

4. You realize how much some people have changed since graduation...

The quiet kid is now chatting easily to you. The mean girl is actually being pretty cordial. College, man.

5. ...and how much their life plans have changed, too.

Some people have already transferred from the college they started at, and many kids who originally had taken just a gap year are still not in school. In fact, some people in your graduating class may already be pregnant and married. A lot has changed since graduation.

6. You realize how much you have changed from your high school self.

Something about seeing your high school peers invokes the feeling that you've changed a ton since you last saw these people. And maybe that's quite alright with you.