Scrunchies Are Finally Back In Style, Please Join Me In Celebrating
Beauty Fashion

The practical and stylish scrunchie is back and here to stay.

659

As said by Carrie Bradshaw in "Sex And The City," "No woman … would be caught dead at a hip downtown restaurant wearing a scrunchie!" I'm sorry to break it to you, Carrie, but you're totally wrong.

The scrunchie has recently reemerged from its decade long absence, and is back and better than ever. Taking over various teen stores such as American Apparel and Urban Outfitters, this trend has hit the mainstream. Everyone, including myself, has found themselves participating in this trend.

After experiencing scrunchies, I am here to say that I know they are here to stay. Here are the many reasons why the scrunchie is superior and why it should stick around.

Scrunchies are like sweatpants for your hair.

Hair ties are just not doing it anymore. After making unnecessary indents to your wrists, they just aren't the fan favorite they used to be. They also leave you more at risk for infections. Ditch the frustration, and switch to scrunchies. Unlike hair ties elastic material, scrunchies come in velvet and silk. Scrunchies allow for your hair to get that much-needed rest.

They don't give you headaches.

I don't know about you, but the typical hair tie leaves me with a nasty headache halfway throughout my day. Although I want my hair to stay out of my eyes, you sometimes have to pick and choose your battles. This is not the case with scrunchies. No matter how tight you tie your hair, you will remain headache free. Long are the days of messy hair and headaches.

Every icon today and in the 80's has worn one.

Who hasn't seen a scrunchie whenever they turn on their television? From "Full House" to "Saved by The Bell," every icon in the '80s and '90s were flaunting their stylish scrunchie. Since its reappearance these last few years, many well-known names have adapted to scrunchie culture. YouTube star Emma Chamberlain even released her own clothing line, with scrunchies being a headliner. Even Aquaman Actor Jason Momoa was seen at the Oscars flaunting his scrunchie on his wrist. The scrunchie trend has reached Hollywood, and it is being embraced wholeheartedly.

Scrunchies are kind to your hair.

You know that little metal part on your typical hair tie? That could be causing a whole lot of damage to your hair. The metal portion is responsible for many hair strands to be ripped out of your scalp, which is not anything good. For those with fairly thin or bleached hair, this is something you should be avoiding. Scrunchies are gentle to your hair and they usually don't cause you to lose additional strands of hair.

You probably won't lose it!

Unlike regular hair ties, scrunchies are a lot larger! This means, once it is on your wrist, it is on your wrist. You will definitely notice its absence. Since scrunchies tend to be a bit more expensive than your regular pack of hair ties, you will be sure to guard it with your heart.

It's nostalgic.

If you were alive during the '80s or '90s, this accessory was a trademark. Whether you were a freshman in high school or a toddler with a killer fashion sense, the scrunchie holds a special place in your heart. Those numerous childhood photos you have of yourself with the high pony speaks for itself. No matter your age, we all see a bit of nostalgia with these fluffy hair ties.