Saying Goodbye To The Guy Who Broke My Heart Into Pieces

943
Author's photo

Love is a funny thing. You meet someone and you think "he's cool, we vibe, I enjoy him," but the reality of it is nothing is always butterflies, fairy tales, and happy endings. I thought you'd be my happy ending, my dream come true, my forever but just like in every fairy tale there's always a villain, and as much as I wanted to think that could never be you your actions began to prove otherwise, calling only when you needed something and then not calling at all.

But let's reverse because you weren't always the villain just like every superhero movie there is always someone super close to the superhero who ends up being the villain, but first, they're a normal person. Our relationship was beautiful at first I was like the little girl who had her first crush in middle school the butterflies, the way every single time you'd leave for work for the week my heart would break a little inside because that meant five whole days of not waking up next to you and well that just wasn't fair. You showed me how it felt to have someone be hopelessly in love with you, you showed me what a faithful happy genuine relationship felt like. You were my tall, dark and handsome except you were short with long brown skater boy hair, you didn't ride into my life on horse back you rode in on a lifted GMC Duramax and although I was never a truck girl I thoroughly enjoyed riding in yours, mainly because I was with you.

You gave my life a new excitement, a better vibe so to speak. Things became important, life became an adventure... every day with you was "the best day ever," quickly you became my best friend and we had the kind of relationship most people our age were jealous of.... I mean who goes to the strip club with their girlfriend and she doesn't get mad at a single thing you do, who doesn't go for a ride to get a milkshake and end up in another state altogether because only the best ice cream is at this specific place. You made my world beautiful again, you made my smile, you reminded me daily I was the most beautiful girl and ONLY girl in your life. You were my happily ever after.... or so I thought.

But, just like every good story, you switched up the script you started to become some guy I didn't recognize and you had me constantly begging God to bring back the guy I fell so head over heels in love with, this new guy I was seeing wasn't anyone I liked....

You were the guy who was never late for anything... but then you started forgetting things, missing important events. missing appointments, and forgetting to call and tell me you wouldn't be home or would be working late. But silly me thought nothing of it because you still told me you loved me daily and how beautiful I was to you.... right before asking me if you could borrow $240 to pay for this or pay for that. I never questioned your intentions or what bills you were paying because that's what you do when you love someone right, you believe them, you trust them, and you don't ever question their intentions.

That was until the messages started, your friends messaging me or people who know you and know me messaging me to tell me they saw you out in the 'ville with some brunette that wasn't me... making my friends drive by your dads house to find a car in the yard that didn't look anything like my Honda Civic.... but still I believed you, she was just a friend, that was a work buddies car... I believed all the lies, all the manipulation you pulled on me. You were my person, you would never do anything to hurt me or anyone else for that matter.

My happy world came crashing down around me. Arrested they said, in jail is where they told me you were...Of course, from jail, I was your first phone call your "bail call," like I was supposed to just forget everything you'd done... I still sat on the phone and listened to your every word and tried so hard to believe you but the facts didn't add up... your lies were finally coming full circle and you had been caught, I hung up the phone but not before I assured you this time I would NOT be bailing you out, I would not be coming to your rescue...

Since that day, you've struggled with addiction, you've been in recovery and you've relapsed again, and that girl who's name isn't even worth typing out wasn't the only girl she was one of many... but the worst part of this all is that even though you hurt me, Seth Taylor, I forgive you.. and I am sorry, I am sorry for loving someone like you and I forgive you for the act you put on making me and everyone else around us think you were the perfect person. You're far from perfect, although you seem to think you are, you think the world owes you everything, EVERYTHING. It's August 2, 2017, and I still went to bed last night with a text message from you saying "you were sorry," but sorry isn't going to fix things and honestly I have done so much to repair the person I am now, the person I use to be before I met you....

So I'll leave you with this.... “Loving someone can be hard at times. You risk a lot when you love - your heart and soul, at the least. Love is the most important and most rewarding investment you can make in another person," because even after all of this Seth, I still LOVE you and I still worry about you but unfortunately no matter how much of you is truly in my heart you can't be in my life... This is my final bow with you. I hope your life is someday as beautiful as you pretend it is, and I hope you find someone who you can be hopelessly devoted to, I am sorry I wasn't that person BUT I am happy to be finding me again, the skies blue and the sun is shining again and even though I thought life was brighter with you I am starting to realize the grass really is greener on the other side.