#SaveMarinaJoyce

#SaveMarinaJoyce

Does Marina Joyce really need saving?
13

Over the past week, fans have been going crazy over the 19 year old YouTube star Marina Joyce. Lately, Joyce’s videos have raised a lot of concern among her fans. Overnight several rumors were floating around Twitter and the hashtag “SaveMarinaJoyce” began trending. Fans have made accusations saying everything from she’s being abused due to bruises on her arms and legs, all the way to saying she has been kidnapped by ISIS. So, what actually happened? Nothing really.

So What Caused All The Concern?

In recent videos, Joyce has posted bruises on the backs of her arms and on her legs, which made fans feel like she was being abused. In several cases, Joyce would repeat herself and seem nervous on camera instead of being comfortable and happy like her fans are used to seeing her. During one video, Joyce is speaking and briefly looks away from the camera and appears to be frightened by something. Another video you can vaguely hear Joyce whispering the words “Help me”. Some fans have even gone so far as to zoom in on one of Joyce’s eyes in a video posted about a month ago and claim to see the reflection of a “hooded man”, suggesting that she was being threatened by this man. All of these accusations mixed with social media is what got #SaveMarinaJoyce trending on Twitter.

How Is Marina Handling Things?

Joyce has been vocal about the situation and responded to the concern of her fans. Before #SaveMarinaJoyce started trending, fans were commenting on her videos asking if she was OK. In one comment, Joyce replied saying she was OK and quickly posted “No” under her previous comment stating that she was OK. The commenting saying she was not OK was quickly deleted. However, after #SaveMarinaJoyce started trending, she sent out a tweet saying that she appreciates all the concern, but that she is fine. Many anonymous calls were sent to Joyce’s local police department asking them to make sure that she was OK. Police did visit Joyce’s house where she was fine. After the visit, Joyce tweeted that the police came to check on her and she appreciates the concern. In regards to the bruising, Joyce said that it was something sad that she couldn’t discuss, but she bruises really easy and it is nothing to be worried about.

Hopefully there is nothing seriously going on with Joyce that she is afraid to discuss, but it is confusing with all the things she has been doing in her videos. In the end, Joyce said during her livestream that it was a “publicity stunt made by her viewers." Joyce did not intend to make this all a publicity stunt, but it’s as if she feels her fans blew it all out of proportion. Either way, Joyce has gained thousands of new followers on Twitter and YouTube, as well as earned several “likes” on both of the social media sites. Does Marina Joyce really need saving from someone else or does she need saving from herself and her mind?