Save 'Agent Carter'

Save 'Agent Carter'

Just a few reasons to sign the petition to save "Agent Carter."

8
Save 'Agent Carter'
google

We all know the feeling when our favorite TV show gets cancelled. Unfortunately that happens far too often. More often than not, the show in question certainly doesn't deserve to get cancelled. One such show is "Agent Carter."

"Agent Carter" has, regrettably, been cancelled. However, there's a petition going around to have it picked up by Netflix. (Here's the link.)

There's over 100,000 signatures on it already, but let's spread the word on this petition. Share the heck out of it.

As usual, proceed with caution because there will be spoilers.

"Agent Carter" is a great show and didn't deserve to get cancelled. I'm even more upset about it, since (spoilers) season two ended with one of my favorite characters bleeding out on the floor. I need Jack Thompson to live, OK. And I know at least a few people who feel the same.

Another reason I would like "Agent Carter" to stick around is that it's one of the few shows I've encountered where I like nearly all of the female characters. I find that female characters are seldom well acted or even well written (whether in TV, movies or a novel). Honestly, I don't know why that is. Whatever the reason, I generally don't like the majority of female characters. (I know not everyone will agree with me, and that's OK.)

"Agent Carter" is the exception to the rule for me.

Peggy Carter is wonderful. I also enjoy Angie, Rose and Ana Jarvis as well. I find them realistic, well acted, relatable and very human. And more importantly, they're very much women.

Peggy is one of my favorite examples of what I want from a female character. She's extremely tough. She can handle herself and has no trouble beating the daylights out of the baddies on the show. However, realistically, everyone needs some help now and then, and, even if she bickers about it sometimes, Peggy definitely doesn't do everything alone.

There's another side to Peggy though. Peggy has an emotional, tender side. For example, early in season one, her roommate is murdered and she sits by the dead girl and cries. She genuinely cares about people, but it doesn't make her weak. In fact, her emotional capacity for love and caring only adds to her strength.

Since I mentioned how tough she is, I have to talk about Peggy's fighting style. In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, we've seen a few different fighting styles. So far, Peggy's seems to be unique. Black Widow fights gracefully, but it doesn't make her any less effective. Peggy's fighting style is almost the opposite, however. While Natasha seems to have a lot of very acrobatic moves, Peggy generally punches a lot. Her style also usually involves hitting her opponent with whatever random junk might be handy. This can get hilarious and fantastic and I love it.

Peggy, as great as she is, certainly isn't the only worthwhile part of the show, even if I would watch it just for her.

Jarvis, Sousa and Thompson are all favorites of mine as well. I'd watch the show for each one of these characters alone, just like I would for Peggy. But all these characters combined make an absolutely amazing cast. Honestly, there aren't words for how much I love these people. And not only is the show full of amazing characters, it has fascinating plot lines and twists that frequently connect with the rest of the MCU events. It's fascinating to see how everything fits together!

Plus, it's set in the 1940's and how can you go wrong with that?

"Agent Carter" deserves to be saved! We need to see Peggy create SHIELD with Howard Stark and go on many more adventures with the rest of her SSR gang. So sign the petition and don't forget to share it!