Position: Account Manager

Location: New York, NY

Odyssey is a Gen Z and young Millennial opinion-sharing platform that endeavors to facilitate positive impact through authentic and meaningful discourse. We facilitate this by providing:

• A constructive space for anyone to share and discover authentic perspectives.
  • The resources Creators need to become more effective storytellers.
  • Next-step opportunities for everyone to respond and take action.

Launched digitally in 2014 and headquartered in New York City, Odyssey is a technology company that initiates over 7,000 authentic conversation-starters a month from an active creator base of over 2,500. Odyssey's website reached 105 million people in 2018 (publishing nearly 1 million pieces of content to-date from 126,000 Creators) and currently indexes #1 (comScore 2019) compared to all major competitive Gen Z + Millennial female digital publishing properties in the market.

JOB DESCRIPTION:

Odyssey is looking for a proven/driven Sales Account Manager who will partner with and ensure the long-term success of our customers. You must be detailed oriented, entrepreneurial and a highly driven Account Manager.

You will be responsible for developing long-term relationships and account development, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders. You will liaise between customers and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs. The ideal candidate should be comfortable engaging and developing a trusted advisor relationship with decision makers. The right candidate needs to have a strong attention to detail, focus on delivering on time and to ensure customer satisfaction and retention, be an expert communicator with clients and commercially minded to pinpoint upsell opportunities. The key to success in this role is a relentless focus on customer service and satisfaction.

JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:

• "Right hand" to sales person on all accounts to deliver on our promises to customers and communicate throughout their campaigns with us
  • Develop a trusted advisor relationship with clients to align their company objectives with Odyssey programs and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
  • Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your customers
  • Listen to, identify and understand customer objectives and tailor communication to meet stated and unstated needs and expectations
  • Responsible for cultivating and securing account renewals and upsells in partnership with the sales executives
  • Persuasively articulate Odyssey's competitive advantages to clients
  • Identify and drive new opportunities for clients
  • Participate in pre-sale brainstorms to help guide ideas/packages to have the highest likelihood of delivering the right opportunity for our client
  • Modify and customize our templated media plan to include for each client
  • Creates a 1-page proposals from a template and/or fills out agency spreadsheets/RFP response to be sent to client
  • Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
  • Communicate clearly the progress of weekly/monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
  • Analyze client renewal data/patterns and adaption rates to help determine successful future renewal strategies and accurately forecast key renewal and upsell activities
  • Post-sale leadership of account once an IO is in-house; including setting kick off call with client to discuss expectations and setting delivery schedule to ensure on-time delivery
  • Sends campaign insights with renewal/upsell suggestions
  • Work with Director of Ad Operations to handle trafficking ads and managing ad server
  • Manage the delivery of highly custom packages
  • Respond to daily customer questions daily
  • Goals & KPI's are based on revenue, responsiveness, upsells and renewals

JOB REQUIREMENTS:

• 3-5 years of experience in account management or sales
  • Proven account management or other relevant experience, specifically in native content campaigns, account planning, digital strategy
  • Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
  • Presentation acumen and the ability to clearly communicate concepts
    Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
  • Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
  • Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
  • Entrepreneurial spirit with the drive and passion to succeed
  • Ability to thrive and be highly effective in a fast-paced and fluid environment, as well as situations of ambiguity and uncertainty
  • Highly proficient with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides), Excel and PPT
  • Willing to travel locally, many customers are based in NYC
  • BA/BS degree, MBA a plus

At Odyssey, our culture is at the heart of our company. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including: health insurance, retirement plan, and generous Time Off. All benefits are subject to change. Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer. Sponsorship is not available for this role.

Read more about us at https://www.theodysseyonline.com

Interested parties should email resumes to careers@theodysseyonline.com