Depending on the original configuration of the browser you choose, most browsers leave certain amounts of information that could potentially be exploited by harmful third parties. If that is the case, some third parties could potentially gain access to the following information :

• Your browsing history
  • Login credentials
  • Cookies and other tracking technologies
  • Autofill Information

Below you will find a detailed breakdown of a few browsers that we feel should be mentioned.

Firefox

Without a doubt, Firefox has been a great and reliable browser from multiple stand points. Amongst those standpoints are the browsers privacy and security settings. Firefox offers superior privacy protection features that can easily be customized to your needs. The browser also has frequent updates and an extremely active development team that constantly works on providing a superior user experience for all of its users, both old and new.

If at any point of time you feel that the privacy and security features that Firefox has to offer are not enough, you can always install all sorts of extensions that are available for the browser to further enhance your privacy and security.

What Makes Firefox Special

• Active development team that releases constant updates
  • Open source code that is frequently audited by reliable third parties
  • Superior privacy features that come with great customization options
  • Hundreds of extensions that help increase privacy and security measures to a maximum

Chrome

Google Chrome is one of the older browsers, yet, can always be found in any top 3 ranking of any category that has to do with browsers. The Google Chrome browser has hundreds of extensions that allow users to enjoy secure and private web browsing, and that is without a doubt one of the few reasons as to why users keep using it. Besides Google Chrome not having the best default privacy and security settings, it is also one of the heaviest browsers out there that consumes a lot of RAM memory when being used. The biggest privacy issue most users seem to find with Google Chrome is the fact that it is a product of Google, which is well known for using user data to turn a profit and being sold to third parties. Even though the browsers privacy features raise some doubts, it is a well known fact that Google Chrome has one of the best security settings on the market.

Iridium Browser

Iridium is a fairly new browser that is fully based on Chromium, yet, it revolves around superior privacy settings. The Iridium browser is great for all of you out there that want to enjoy Chrome extensions with better privacy settings.

GNU IceCat Browser

The GNU IceCat Browser is a side project of Firefox. This browser is based on multiple privacy add-ons and privacy protection features such as :

• LibreJS
  • HTTPS
  • SpyBlock
  • AboutIceCat
  • Fingerprinting Countermeasures

Tor Browser

The Tor browser is known as one of the most secure and privacy oriented browsers out there, yet, there are some negative factors that come along with such security and privacy. When using the Tor browser, all of your inbound and outbound traffic goes through three different hops, making the download and upload speeds being very slow via the browser. On the other hand, that is a fairly small price to pay knowing that you are fully protected on the web.

Brave Browser

The Brave browser is another Chromium based browser, yet, it has a few features that make it standout amongst sister browsers of other dominant browsers. This specific browser is well known for having superior browsing speeds that are fairly secure with reliable privacy settings. Brave browser also has a built-in ad blocker.

What Makes Brave Special

• Built-in script blocker
  • Blocks trackers and ads automatically
  • Protects users against browser fingerprinting

Pale Moon Browser

The Pale Moon Browser is a Mozilla Firefox based browser that emphasizes more on customization and efficiency. With fairly average security and privacy settings, the browser itself is still being developed with security and privacy updates happening fairly frequently due to an active development team that is working on the browser. As of right now, Pale Moon is available for Windows and Linux users. Even though the design of the browser gives users a visual opinion that the browser design got stuck in time, the speeds and customizations of the browser seem to cancel out that negative aspect of the browsers visual design.

Browsers That We Do Not Recommend Due To Serious Privacy Violation Concerns

Google Chrome

Even though Google Chrome is without a doubt one of the most popular browsers on the market, the fact that this browser is a product of Google automatically makes us doubt its privacy setting policies. The browser itself is easy to use and supports thousands of different extensions, yet when it comes to privacy, we most certainly do not recommend it.

Internet Explorer/ Edge

Just like Google Chrome is a product of Google, Internet Explorer and the Edge browser are products of Microsoft. Internet Explorer and the Edge browser are closed-sourced, and unlike other browsers, nobody really has a clue as to what truly happens to your data and how that may affect your privacy on the web.

Vivaldi

Vivaldi is a Chrome based browser, which has only one major difference from Google Chrome which are the source-code modifications of the browser. Even though this browser is not as well known as some of the bigger players on the market, it has a fairly decent amount of users, which brings us to the next point we would like to make. If you take a look at Vivadis Privacy Policy, you will find a certain amount of fairly concerning points when it comes to user privacy when using the browser. Below you will find a paragraph that has been taken directly from Vivaldi's Privacy Policy.

"When you install Vivaldi browser ("Vivaldi"), each installation profile is assigned a unique user ID that is stored on your computer. Vivaldi will send a message using HTTPS directly to our servers located in Iceland every 24 hours containing this ID, version, cpu architecture, screen resolution and time since last message. We anonymize the IP address of Vivaldi users by removing the last octet of the IP address from your Vivaldi client then we store the resolved approximate location after using a local geoip lookup. The purpose of this collection is to determine the total number of active users and their geographical distribution."

Doesn't sound to great for you as the user, does it?

When browsing the web it is crucial for you as a user to understand which of the browsers actually protects your data and privacy. We truly hope this article has helped you get a better understanding as to which browsers are best when it comes to data and privacy security.