You're Going to be Sad When You Graduate College

You’re Going To Be Sad When You Graduate College

Even if you think you won't be, you will be.

11
Missouri State University
http://bit.ly/2LfnJMU

If you're still in college, especially if you are almost finished with college, you might be challenging this headline right now. That's fine because I would be too if I were you. I can't speak for *how* sad you'll be or *if* you'll even be sad (like sad, sad). I can say what I miss though, and I think it what you'll miss too. Maybe, you're missing it right now, just like I am.

1. No more P.O.S. days during the week.

Hear me out. I know we pay a fortune to go to school and that attendance and participation matter a lot to make those dollars worth it. Those qualities also matter to actually pass and finish college. But to be honest, skipping class and napping in the middle of the day are small pleasures you will simply not get back.

There is slight guilt when you skip a class here and there, but when you have a ~real~ job, those spontaneous days of napping or treat-yourself days just aren't the same. Now, I look forward to my lazy weekend days. *Elle Woods voice* Whoever invented a five-day-work-week is like, seriously disturbed.

2. Every week is finals week at work.

At all times at work, you're probably not cramming and fretting about deadlines and presentations or literal tests. If you are, I would encourage you to quit your job, STAT! Jobs should not be that much pressure.

But, every week you do have to prove yourself and meet goals that affect you, your coworkers, clients, and your organizations. I think of this like a forever-long group project. Sound like your worst nightmare?

It's not if you find the right fit in at least a few of those areas. But still, syllabus week here and there would be a nice change of pace.

3. The beautiful campus isn't your stomping ground anymore. 

Unless you work at a very progressive, large, or up-and-coming office, or well-established, well-funded workplace, you are likely to work in a decoration desert.

Think of The Office or Parks & Rec . . . those are the workplaces you might find yourself in. Tromping around on the newly renovated, sustainably manicured campus isn't a regular habit anymore, and I miss it to the point of dreaming about it. Seriously.

It's been over a year since I've called myself a college student, but it's pretty okay not being one too. At risk of being a total downer, I've kept the "sad" list brief. More to come, a "happy" list on why everyone should be jazzed college is over. Or, at least a little jazzed.