Rupi Kaur's Poetry Is A Must For All Women Growing, Healing, And Loving

She helped me find myself again.

135
@rupikaur

Over the course of the past few months, I have felt a whirlwind of emotions. I was in a state of feeling confused, broken, surprisingly happy, liberating, and all at the same moment - fixed. I had to look hard at the situation and find myself again after feeling like I had lost myself for the longest time. The stress and constant trying had taken its toll on me; I was so devoid of my life pursuits and dreams.

After multiple turbulent (but wonderful) events in such a short period of time, I was experiencing "the hurting, the loving, the breaking, and the healing". I learned that individuals "must wilt, fall, root, and rise, in order to bloom." Emotions were quickly flooding my mind and soul. For the inspiration to really think about the direction of my life as a woman worthy of achieving anything I put my mind to, I give gratitude to the poetry collection's by Rupi Kaur, "Milk and Honey" and "The Sun and Her Flowers".

After reading her uplifting poetry collections, she helped me find myself again.

For the first time in a long time, I was a wanderess ~ exploring and appreciating all of life's simplistic, fulfilling moments. The vivacious, happy-go-lucky person I once was with a serious passion for love and life had set fire once more. I suddenly had a sense of an inner calm, something I had not felt in an extremely long time.

It empowered the woman I am with regards to what I want out of my life because after all, I am the one that has to live with myself - and the decisions that make ME happy. The collection also taught me that the difficult route can lead us to some of the most unexpected yet beautiful destinations in life. I have experienced the self-love and pure growth that is needed for my soul to live to the fullest, laugh infinitely with the special connections I am surrounded by, and to love to the deepest depths.

I advise any woman to get a hold of these two books as you are going through whatever issues that you may be presented with in life. "Milk and Honey" most notably on topics of love, loss, trauma, abuse, healing, and femininity. "The Sun and Her Flowers" explores grief, self-abandonment, honoring one's roots, love, and empowering oneself. The seemingly delicate words will surely hit you to your core with its rawness and the simple yet exquisite artwork drawn by the author will forever remain inked into your memory.

I read both books back to back in one sitting because I could not put it down; I also recommended you buying the books instead of borrowing them in order to reference back to the pages that resonate with you. You will not be let down but rather reborn.