You Know You Go To Rowan When You Can Relate To These 20 Things

7. Parking does NOT exist.

403
Alyssa Paluch

Rowan University: the place I get to call my second home. It really is a great place to be but, like all places, it has some flaws we all notice. Some of these things are bothersome and annoying. Attention Rowan students: this one is for you. When you relate to these 20 things, you know you're a Rowan student/alumni for sure.

1. It's never sunny, ever.

There is only a very rare time when the sun is out in Glassboro, let's be honest here. Any other time, it's raining/hailing/storming/snowing.

2. The SCCA hosts the best events on campus.

As an employee and member of the SCCA, I can tell you this is 100% true. Weekends are never boring for anyone here at Rowan.

3. Noah Weinstein greets you at least once every single day.

He's the best and he can make your day! Can we make Noah the mascot of Rowan and retire the Prof? What is a Prof, anyway?

4. The campus food tastes crappy and leaves your stomach in knots.

Stomach bug? Rowan plague? No, it's probably just the cafeteria food. It'll pass. Be strong, young ones.

5. It's also windy... VERY WINDY.

Forget about doing your hair. It's going to get whirled around in the Rowan wind tunnel. Also, in the winter, the wind is almost impossible to cope with. You will legit freeze your butt off and your face will hurt.

6. The fire alarms are neverending.

When I lived in an apartment last year, the fire alarm went off every day at odd hours. Ever since I've lived in an actual house, the fire alarm rarely goes off. So it depends on your fate, sorry. You're either lucky or you're not.

7. Parking does NOT exist.

Talking about you, commuters. Even in the biggest lot on campus, you can never find a spot. Instead of making space for parking, we build buildings!

8. You hear Bunce clocktower sing every day, so you always know what time it is.

I don't know how I'd survive, really.

9. Pizza Hut, Domino's Pizza, and Cookie Munchers save you, even at the oddest hour.

I crave warm giant cookies at 2 A.M. Yes, I have a problem. Why does pizza taste better when the sun goes down? These places understand us; they get it. They're our heroes.

10. Landmark is your party destination.

The party people go there to hang at the bar every weekend... I just love their burgers. Define "party".

11. Trains... all the time.

There is a railroad that runs alongside the outskirts of Rowan's campus, and a train steams by every once in a while. Loud and shaky, so Spongebob describes you right now. PLUS it holds up the already busy traffic.

12. Classes are never canceled unless it's the zombie apocalypse.

A foot of snow? That's nothing. The sky is falling? We still have class.

13. Why is everything so expensive?

How is a tiny container of mac 'n cheese nearly $7? Why is a tiny box of cereal close to $6? Why is that okay? If you do not have a meal plan, STAY AWAY from on-campus anything, unless you have Rowan Bucks.

14. Traffic, traffic, TRAFFIC!

The best time to get anywhere is before 8 A.M. and after 8 P.M. I hate to break it to you. 322 is full of standstills and angry drivers; you don't win in this situation.

15. The WiFi crashes every day.

Be prepared to use some of your cellular data because Rowan's internet is never reliable. Don't expect to get work done, either. Remember the blackout last year?

16. You survive off of your Rowan Bucks.

Only if you have a meal plan! Take advantage of your Rowan Bucks because they go quicker than you think!

17. The laundry rooms are SO far away from your dorm/apartment.

No need to go to the gym because you have to walk a thousand miles to get to a washer and dryer. Not to mention that your 2 months worth of laundry is a hundred pounds.

18. Every building is a sauna, whether it's hot or cold outside.

The heat is on ALL YEAR, I swear. There is no such thing as air conditioning.

19. 322 does NOT scare you.

Nah, you can play hopscotch in the crosswalks and still not get hit by a car.

20. You pay WAY too much for housing when the housing is less than decently kept.

I can't tell you the exact amount of work orders my roommates and I have submitted for our house. It's painful.

#GoProfs!