How to get into a routine that lasts

The Importance Of Routine & How It Keeps Me Going

YAY! I get to wake up at 5am and work out!

7

While I do believe that there is no better feeling than the one that goes along with "Taking off for the holidays" -there is pure joy in thriving in your good routine. This new year is going to be a game changer for everyone, I am sure of it.

Start easy and find want works for you. Turn off Instagram. Find a kick-ass Spotify playlist. Tackle cleaning one room at a time, instead of being intimidated by the idea of completing the entire house in a day. Make a healthy lunch, and actually eat it.

Rest and relaxation are important too and time is made for them, but I enjoy challenging myself into better versions of who I can be. Taking time for oneself doesn't have to look the same for everyone.

My "me time" is before the day really begins, and then whenever I can fit it in as a bonus. Others may vary and the only person you should ever compare yourself to is the person you were yesterday.

Sleep. If you only remember one thing out of all of this please remember, sleep. Allow your body and mind to reset. Without sleep, you will not be in your best shape to take on the world. Rest and remind yourself every morning that you are doing the very best that you can.

I hope you encourage yourself and you encourage others. Be genuine with the steps you take and the path you chose to walk. Practice makes perfect, and practice takes time. You (with some help from routines) are capable of accomplishing your goals.

Write down your goals, track your progress, do not cheat yourself and just wait to see the results. You can do anything you set your mind too.