RONA

RONA

Hint: It's short for coronavirus

30
RONA
Pornhub

Starting off, from this point on in this article, the coronavirus will be referred to as the Rona. I'm sick of hearing the coronavirus, and honestly Rona sounds more fun!

Talking about being sick, this is the absolute worst time to get sick. If this was last month, I would've had no problem going to my local Walgreens and grabbing a thermometer, some dayquil, and some throat drops to help pass whatever I had. However, this is 2020, the year of the anxiety-ridden mornings where we wake up, and are afraid to look at what happened while we were sleeping. Anyway, it's 2020, and going to walgreens is as good as checking my bathroom cupboard. I can *somewhat* understand why panic buyers (let's refer to them as Karen, and yes I have no chill right now) would want to stock up on toilet paper. I don't get what started it, don't get me wrong. But I get why everyone else wants to have a few extra rolls since we don't really have an idea when this will all blow over, if it will. But thermometers? Seriously? Do people understand that they are reusable? You don't need one for everyday! There is such a shortage of things people should have had laying around their house, a long time ago. And yes, I should've had one too, however it should never come to a point where I'm bouncing between stores trying to find a thermometer.

Now let's get to the fun part: Grocery Shopping. Truthfully we need to rename that too, so I'm going to call it "Whatever I can find at the store that can make a decent meal, regardless of nutrition at this point". That's where I'm at right now, and I'm sure the majority of the readers are too. This is ridiculous. Soon, we're going to have a second New Year's Resolution again, because so many people are going to gain weight from the 50 boxes of hamburger helper they devoured per week. The rest of us? We're going to learn to love salad. Why? Because it's cheaper, and it's one of the areas in the store that isn't completely empty. Again, who started this toilet paper thing? I really want to know. Because now my google search is filled with

1. Toilet paper near me
  2. Toilet paper available online
  3. Toilet paper within a 100 mile distance
  4. What else is a good substitute for toilet paper?

If I ever run out, I'm just going to have to use a litter box.

However, with this ever-changing world we live in currently, it's interesting to see how different people are going through it. Some are making the best of it, enjoying college from their computer, while others are at the local Taco Bell drive thru window, letting us grocery-less-because-we-don't-panic-buy individuals enjoy dinner. Others are jobless because of this pandemic, while others are begging for a day off. We realized some of the people whose jobs we hope our kids never make a career, are actually now part of our backbone for food. We've come up with ways to keep each other somewhat happy, even while practicing social distancing. As a society, (counting out the panic buyers) we've actually come together to make the best out of this situation. Keep it up, rad folks, and stay safe!