20 Ridiculous Comments Ever Server Is Tired Of Hearing

No, we don't have free wifi and no one has a hot spot you can use.
16

I just recently got back to town for college and started back up at work. I love my job I truly do; however, sometimes you just hear the most ludicrous things. I believe it takes a special person to be a waiter or waitress because most of the questions we get asked on a day-to-day basis would drive most people nuts. For us though, it's just another day at work. Now, I used to be this person. I asked annoying favors from my servers and would over explain my meal to make it more complicated than it needed to be. Now, being in the food industry for the last four years, I've learned how to handle these situations. No matter who you are, you or someone you know has probably said one of these insane sentences before.

1. "Can I get a Bacon Cheeseburger no bacon?"

2. "I want my burger well done but juicy."

3. "I'll take the Guacamole Burger hold the guacamole."

4. "It's not on the menu but can I get..."

5. "Water no ice but really cold."

6. "Can I do the Chicken Caesar Wrap but on a bun instead?"

7. "Can you cut my burger into 6 pieces?"

8. "What's not too fattening?"

9. "Does the lettuce wrap still have a bun?"

10. "Can I replace my fries with an appetizer?"

11. "I want 2 inches of sweet tea and the rest unsweetened."

12. "Can I get all your dipping sauces" *only touches one*

13. "Can you give me 10ish more minutes, I can't decide on a drink."

14. "Can you add more alcohol less ice to my drink?"

15. "Cookie milkshake no milk please."

16. *Doesn't open menu* "What's on the menu for tonight?"

17. "Why are the fried pickles hot?"

18. "Just put everything on the side that way it won't come out wrong."

19. "Do you actually like the food here?"

20. "Can I get an older waitress?"

Yes, some of these are insane to imagine and somewhat distasteful but we manage. I love my job and the people I work with. While some days I may want to rip my hair out becomes of the absurd comments I get, I enjoy getting the chance to meet new people. It's a constant showcase of new faces and new opportunities.