Our hearts are heavy for Branson, Mo

Our hearts are breaking for branson, MO

Tragedy on “Ride the Ducks” in Branson, Missouri on July 19th, 2018

660
https://www.instagram.com/p/BldVSbVHAkg/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=rj8218291jvh
Instagram

My deepest condolences to those affected by the tragedy that struck Branson, Missouri last night. A “Ride the Ducks" duck boat sunk by a powerful storm. The latest update from Stone County Sheriff Doug Rader stated that there were 17 fatalities, one of those being the driver of the boat.

We also get a reaction from President Trump through twitter, his tweet states “My deepest sympathies to the families and friends of those involved in the terrible boat accident which just took place in Missouri. Such a tragedy, such a great loss. May God be with you all!".

The community wanted to show their love and support through this time of grief. KY3 posted pictures of flowers that had been placed on the cars, left in the parking lot of Ride the Ducks. This is what really impacted me because it shows how important it is to come together given the circumstances. Many people are outraged and confused on social media and it's hard not to be, but I see it as an opportunity to show the love and unity that Branson has.

As a local in Branson, this really hits close to home. It goes to show that you really never know what situation you could find yourself in. Most of the families that visit Branson go as a place to get away and have fun, which is the purpose of “Ride the Ducks".

The 31 passengers that got on the ride were like most others, just wanting to partake in a family fun boat ride, but instead left with a traumatic experience or never returned. This brings great sadness to those around them, it should also act as a reminder that every second of your life counts.

Always express your feelings and never let anything go unsaid because like those passengers, you never know what comes to see next.

Romans 12:19 “Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord."