Review Of Amanda Knox Documentary Case

Review Of Amanda Knox Documentary Case

Foxy Knoxy got the Not Guilty verdict once again

20
Review Of Amanda Knox Documentary Case
Variety

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but what happens when it affects or damages someone’s life?

The Amanda Knox case is pretty well known. They ended up making a movie and now a Netflix documentary about the controversial case. For those of you unaware of the case, this young college teen ends up doing a study abroad in Italy. She finds herself living with other girls, having a job, and meeting a young man. The two were inseparable for about a week until Knox’s roommate was un-expectantly murdered. Knox and her boyfriend automatically were suspects for multiple reasons.

One reason they were suspects was due to their behavior at the crime scene. They were caught smiling, laughing, kissing, and being affectionate towards each other. The Italian police explain in the documentary that they found this to be suspicious. Everyone grieves very differently. I did not expect Knox to cry or show an abundance of remorse because she had only known her roommate for a few weeks before her death so a personal relationship had yet to be built. Everyone does not show his or her feelings like others do and it is unfair to expect everyone to show remorse or grieve the same way.

The case seemed to be in the favor of the Prosecutor due to the evidence. They were found guilty and sentenced to over 20 years in prison each. They both appealed and were hoping for the verdict to be overturned. Review of the police footage showed a lack of changing gloves and wearing proper equipment that could lead to contamination. Knox and her boyfriend were acquitted and freed. The Italian public was outraged and the two ended up back in court at the Supreme Court and were found guilty. They both appealed that and the two were once again acquitted in September of 2015.

The court found the evidence circumstantial and lacking. Due to possible contamination they could not take any evidence they had found against the two. They also found no evidence of the two in the room the girl was murdered, they could only find Rudy Guede’s DNA. People were outraged at the fact that they had gotten off twice from these charges. Both of their stories had changed which raised suspicion. People were saying very rude comments and angered by the court decision, twice.

I am the type of person that I need facts and evidence. I try not to base my opinion off of someone’s attitude or behavior and that is exactly what the Prosecuting side did. They were purposely trying to make Knox and her boyfriend fit into the crime scene instead of looking for clues and evidence. The prosecutor at one point said "a man would never do that, only a woman" referring to throwing a blanket over the lifeless body. This really hurt the prosecuting side. They did not perform procedures correctly causing possible contamination, and were only judging Knox and her boyfriend off of their behavior. This led to them losing the case.

I found this documentary to be incredibly interesting since it is around my time. I feel like it is a different case compared to the OJ or Casey Anthony case where we all kinda know in our gut that they committed murder, however both got away with it. Those two cases are different because we know they did it, but for Knox we are not positive since there was contamination.

Always look at the facts of a case and do not believe everything that you hear. Try not to be biased until you hear everything. Remember, everything you hear is not true.