The More Social Distancing You Practice, The Sooner We Can Return To Normalcy, So Stay Home

It is difficult to halt all of life as you know it, it's for the right reasons.

44

Quarantine is not ideal. I think we can all agree on that. But we would not be social distancing if it were not necessary for the greater good. I firmly believe that. This is not a government conspiracy to change the birds or prove that we live in tyranny or whatever conspiracy theory you've read about or come up with in all this free time.

I know that you want to see your friends, get out of the house, and whatnot. But you cannot. And neither can anyone else. Get over it. Something that quarantine has really brought to light is that there are so many people in the world who don't care about important things until those things affect them. And that disgusts me.

People cannot see their parents and grandparents, couples cannot get married, families cannot have funerals for their loved ones, mothers must birth children on their own. It sucks. But if the rules of social distancing are not followed strictly, this will go on so much longer than necessary. More people will die, more people will grieve, families won't reunite, people won't get married, funerals won't happen. So, please stop leaving your house so that we can get back to weddings, to celebrating life, to seeing our friends and family.

Great things to occupy your time in quarantine include but are not limited to writing, creating a fitness routine to get your summer body ready, cooking, learning a new skill or picking up a new hobby, and my personal favorite, learning a TikTok dance.

Without social distancing, the world would be a disaster. Just because you don't think you are at risk doesn't take away from the fact that so many others are, and everyone is at risk! Some with COVID-19 are completely asymptomatic. Stay home and stop the spread. The more social distancing we practice, the sooner we can return to normalcy and all hug each other a little bit tighter.