Are You Team IHOb?

Are You Team IHOb?

This is like Chuck E. Cheese all over again.

34

As you probably heard this week, The International House of Pancakes decided to shock the internet with a marketing act that did not have the best reaction. They flipped the "P" to a "B" in their logo and "B" stands for, wait for it....

Burgers!!!

Not breakfast, not brunch, not even bacon.They picked burgers to be part of their new slogan. The one thing on the menu that no one wants to eat was made their main marketing product. The one thing that they left out was that this was temporary for the next month. The response from people have not been great. The internet blew up over this change because in their eyes, it's a pointless and kind of dumb idea.

The only reason people are in uproar because of the acronym change being burgers. It's not that people eat at IHOP religiously but we eat there anyway. Imagine if Waffle House had taken the "waffle" out of their name and changed it to Breakfast House or if Burger King changed to Burger House. This is more shocking than when they changed the Chuck E. Cheese mascot to kid size.

Image result for ihop brunch burgers

Who would want to eat burgers in the morning? An average burger stuffed with sausage, egg, and a jumbo hashbrown. I rather have a plate of chocolate-chip pancakes with bacon on the side. There are over fifty different places within a twenty mile radius of the average neighborhood to go get burgers and only half of them are as good as their advertisements claim to be on TV. What's so different that we would chose to eat lunch at a pancake house. Who ever is the marketing coordinator who chose to replace pancakes with burgers needs to actually try the food on the menu.

So are you Team IHOP or Team IHOB? You be the judge.