Rest In Paradise

The phone rings...

The news is unimaginable.

The thought of losing you becomes unbearable.

Rumors start to circulate.

Articles become posted in the GP Patch and other news sources.

It finally hits me. You are gone but the memories will never fade.

It has now been a year since your passing. Although it seems like the blink of an eye since you were last here, I want you to know that nobody here has forgotten you. We remember your fun and upbeat personality. Your random acts of kindness. Your endless love and compassion for the ones whom you were surrounded by. Your smile that could light up the whole world. Your barefoot, carefree self is gone, but not forgotten. Today on the one year mark of your passing, I myself took on your lifestyle. I got barefoot and did a random act of kindness in honor of you.

Thank you for teaching me how to have a fun time at catholic school homecomings! Thank you for being the class clown in middle school. Thank you for showing me that being upbeat and carefree is not just a choice of mood, but is a lifestyle to live by. Thank you for being a role model and unforgettable friend. Thank you for teaching everyone to follow their dreams. Thank you for giving me the memories of a lifetime.

I am so proud of you for all that you had accomplished in your lifetime. I am sorry I was not there to help you. I am sorry I did not read you behind your glowing smile. I am sorry that I did not kiss you that one night after homecoming, because I was such a prude back then (LOL. I know you're laughing). I am sorry that we did not hangout more. I am sorry that you struggled. I am sorry that you felt the need to run into the road.

Now lets get real for a minute dude...

We had some really good times, some great times and some unforgettable moments. Like chugging a flask together at a Catholic school dance, crashing your moms car in the driveway after homecoming and not dealing with it till the next day, getting pulled over buy a cop when we were lost, but pretending we knew what we were doing. Blasting music and screaming to the top of our lungs while dancing.

Your family misses you. Your friends miss you. I miss you!

One year means nothing without you, because I know you are watching over all of us for a lifetime. So keep on jamming out on your guitar or ukulele, while dancing barefoot, and sing us all a song from the heavens, because God only knows you are loving paradise.

Every 12.3 minutes there is a death caused by suicide. For every 25 attempts their is one death. Suicide takes the live of 38,000 Americans each and is the 10th leading cause of death here in the US. Rate of suicide are higher in males. If you or someone you know needs help call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255 which is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

R.I.P. JB