New Years’ Resolutions You Should Try To Keep In 2019

Ah, the refreshing presence of a new year. A year full of so many possibilities, opportunities, events, and resolutions that I'm going to make but manage to bend and break every last one that I jotted down in my polka dot planner.

1. “I’m going to seriously stop spending money. I’ll budget everything next year.”

https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1483985988355-763728e1935b?ixlib=rb-1.2.1&q=85&fm=jpg&crop=entropy&cs=srgb&dl=freestocks-org-187367-unsplash.jpg

Catch me at every store inside the mall hours after making my resolutions, ignoring my efforts as I purchase this Nike sweatshirt that pulls 80 bucks out if my checking account!

​2. "I'm going to stop procrastinating so I won't be stressed out anymore!"

https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1495197359483-d092478c170a?ixlib=rb-1.2.1&q=85&fm=jpg&crop=entropy&cs=srgb&dl=vladislav-muslakov-261627-unsplash.jpg

Starting on my projects the day they are assigned? Easy. Getting ready for work as soon as I wake up? Piece of cake. Just let me hit snooze a couple of times and I’ll be fine.

3. “Instead of Coke, I’ll get water.”

https://unsplash.com/photos/Npvp3Z7PZNI

Coca-cola is a guilty pleasure. Yeah, water is cool, but I don’t think anything beats an ice cold bottle of Coke. Change my mind.

4. “I’m deleting my Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat. Social media is lame anyway!”

https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1525770041010-2a1233dd8152?ixlib=rb-1.2.1&q=85&fm=jpg&crop=entropy&cs=srgb&dl=marten-bjork-658221-unsplash.jpg

I mean, I tried to delete my account but then I saw that Stacy had her baby and she is ~so~ cute! How can I delete my Instagram now? Maybe, next month. It’s still in the new year.

​5. "My room is going to stay so clean, I'll be able to eat off the floor."

https://www.castrophotos.com/photo/tumblr-apartment-cute-apartment-ideas-cute-apartments-cute.html

It’s fine, it’s just one shirt on the floor, a pair of pants, my Taco Bell bag, some chargers, and my laptop. I’ll clean it tomorrow or the next day!

6. “Going to bed past 10 isn’t going to happen anymore.”

https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1521175776577-f8e0c1e5ecb7?ixlib=rb-1.2.1&q=85&fm=jpg&crop=entropy&cs=srgb&dl=victoria-heath-597279-unsplash.jpg

It’s 10:37: makeup is still on, the shower is running, I’m starving, and there is an essay due in the morning with my name on it. It’s just this one night, right?

7. “I’m going to the gym every day and setting my lockscreen as Jen Selter for motivational purposes.”

https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1521967906867-14ec9d64bee8?ixlib=rb-1.2.1&q=85&fm=jpg&crop=entropy&cs=srgb&dl=jeshoots-com-606648-unsplash.jpg

I know I’m breaking my resolution of not spending money by buying these Lululemon pants, but I promise this will motivate me to workout. I promise.