5 Steps To Research A Company Before Your Job Interview

Want to stay on the forefront while competing with ones having similar skills? Follow the simple steps.

25

Contemporary job hunting atmosphere makes us more watchful for peeping into the company profile before our job interview. No one wants to get out of the interview room without an offer letter in hand for being ignorant about the obvious details of the company. Be a stand out person by running a simple algorithm. These simple things will add to your potential to nail the job interview.

Leaf through the book!

First thing you should do is to have an overlook of the company. Gather some information from the internet and the people working in the corporate world and try to understand what imprint the company has on the market; in short have a rough idea about what you might face in the interview.

Read the prologue!

Now that you are 1 step ahead of others, go, open the company website and look for what skills and values company anticipate from the employee. Read between the lines of the job advertisement and see if you can improve your resume or not. Always keep this information back in your head when you're in the interview room. By doing so you will become the person they would like to hire. Job description also helps you making decision whether you really want to get the job for that post or not, job satisfaction should also be your priority.

Know them characters!

Go and see the profile of chief persons of the hierarchy, especially CEO, company directors and managers. Get yourself aware about their field of work and their experience. You should also check their twitter and LinkedIn profile to understand them better. You can always give them examples of the company's chief persons and should not leave any opportunity to impress the interviewer.

Start reading the book!

As a potential employee of the company you must know what you will be doing and with whom you will be dealing after you join the company. Getting information about their clients, products and services will clear the fog. To know more about services, read blogs of employers and the case studies on the company's web site. Read company's 'news and recent events' section too. Moreover, read 'Mission and vision' of the company to know what kind of culture will be in the company. Culturefit is something that interviewers observe in job seekers.

Know the Author!

This is the last thing you should do before stepping into the interview room. Knowing the interviewer will help your heart pump the confidence in the interview room. Once you know the name of your interviewer you can check their LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook page. Try to seek their Main field of study and work. Doing so you can predict from what subject and the questions might be asked the most. Never forget to gather information about his project work, if you have worked on the project from the same field, the chances of impressing him are very high and thereby getting an offer letter with a handsome package.

Keep this metaphorical tool in your pocket and nail the job-interview!