A Representation Of How I Should Be More Responsible

This isn't an efficient way of creating content, but it's a consistent one.

139
Steven Porter

I got nothing. I honestly don't. I woke up this morning reading about the possibility of teachers having weapons in the classroom. First off, if a teacher carried a weapon in the classroom, the curriculum and environment of schools would totally be based off fear! But that's beside the point. This morning my main purpose was to search for a topic to base my article off of, but alas my day took over my train of thought and I was ambushed by my addiction to procrastination.

I had an 8 AM History of Television and Radio class. Which is fun if people actually showed up and presented any form of interest. In this class today we watched old, cheesy, and somewhat well-written spy shows from the 70's; I was absolutely bored out of my mind. I actually ate 4 sticks of gum to keep me awake to even interpret the plot to any of the shows.

After that class, I had Fundamentals of Speech, and I had to present an Informative Speech to my lovely peers...sorta. My topic was on how the mental health of athletes can be affected by the masculinity of being a professional athlete. I honestly thought it was great. Well, my topic was great, my presentation was horrible. I actually went 1 minute over the designated time limit finishing with a low B- overall.

I go back to my dorm kind of distraught and bored when suddenly I get a text. I applied for a position to be a part of an organization here at Troy University. Apparently, I got the job. Yes, only 4 people applied but I'm still excited about it. I have a job in college! Most people can't even order fast food without stuttering...well I actually do that all the time.

In the wake of me being hired, I decided to dedicate my article to this momentous occasion. So I opened my laptop and typed my password and username to get into Muse when then, I get another text. It's one of my friends from high school who is one the few people on this campus that keeps me sane. It's time to go to the gym and work on our Spring Break Bods! Which happens to be next week and my body gained no progress.

It was bench day, and my arms and chest felt like taffy while my mental state was all over the place. We worked out for two and a half hours but it really felt like 6 hours. After killing my body for a good cause(Spring Bod), I ran back to my dorm, took a shower, then started to get back on my article but...

A blank screen

I was still not producing the content I wanted to show to the world. I wanted to show my Odyssey family that I can create great content consistently, but unfortunately, nothing came to mind. So I got decided to focus on another priority.

Every other Wednesday, we have $2 movie night. Sponsored by the organization that I was recently hired by. These are the best nights in college, it combines the two things I love. Movie theaters and people hanging out. I watched the movie "Game Night" which is living proof that Jason Bateman plays the same role a different plot. As you can assume, I still didn't gain inspiration for an article. But on the bright side, I had a few laughs and more popcorn than I should've but it is what it is right? No? Okay.

As you approach the ending of this poorly thought out article that has nothing to do with equality, gun control, Trump, or Top 10 Soccer Cleats to Wear at a Funeral, just know that I was in the library pondering how lame I am for not planning topics ahead like a responsible human. I need an article that can show some vulnerability with a hint of disappointment. Like an article about how I spent my day instead of writing an article...