Reminisces Upon Completing (Undergraduate) College

At times, it felt like this day would never come.
38

Assuming that I passed all my final exams, I am now theoretically finished with my undergraduate degree.

I don’t intend to walk until next spring because the spring graduation at CofC seems absolutely gorgeous, and it is something that I have been looking forward to the whole time that I have been going to this college. I mean, walking in a white cocktail dress, across the cistern and under magnificent spreading oak trees, or across a stage in the TD Arena? It’s a no-brainer.

It’s weird though, I finished my last exam today (which, since this article won’t post for a little while, I will point out that today is December the 13th), and I don’t necessarily feel any different yet.

I got myself a pizza, a six-pack, candy and other assorted junk food on the way home today, as I intended to celebrate through gluttony (it is a Wednesday, after all, can’t get toooo crazy).

But even as I am consuming that, I still feel like a tightly-wound ball of stress.

I feel like there is something I need to be doing, like tonight is just the equivalent of one night off.

And when I turned in the books that I had rented this semester, I felt a little sad, which is funny because I have been desperately awaiting the end of this semester since basically right before midterms (this semester felt particularly rough for some reason).

But it is like, in the midst of having so much due, yeah it can be somewhat horrible, but now, I am sitting here like…now what?

I mean, yeah, I need to update my resume. And I can sleep and finally watch all those movies and shows I have been putting off because I don’t have the time, and I can read all those books that I’ve been stockpiling for the same reason, but having completed my degree, well, it is a bittersweet feeling.

It is all over so fast, all at once.

Of course, if I really miss it that much, there’s always grad school, right?