Why You Should Focus On Self-Love Today

You Are The Only One Who Will Put Yourself First So Take Time To Work On Your Self-Love

"Put yourself at the top of your to-do list, and everything else will fall in place."

67

Here's the thing, Love.... if you don't put you first, who else will?

Self-love is one of the most difficult things to internalize, in my opinion.

"Self-love is so important!"
"You need to love yourself before you can love anyone else!"
"You're the only one there for you at the end of the day!"

While all of those statements are very much true, and we preach it 24/7, how many of us actually implement it?

Self-love is something that you need to put action to in your own life. No significant other, family member or friend can do this for you. Self-love is all about learning to love yourself. The teacher is you. You need to find ways each and every day to learn to adore the good, and bad, parts of you. It all starts with you.

This isn't an easy process, either. You can just magically wake up one day and be like, "I love myself!" Don't get me wrong, you deff can have some of those days where you wake up feeling like a boss, but self-love is something that festers in your bones. It takes a while to condition your brain to love yourself, especially on your worst days.

Every day, take one step towards self-love. Take 15 minutes to walk and clear your mind. Read your favorite book. Take a long shower. Buy yourself that sweet treat you've been craving all day. One thing a day, even for 5 minutes, will change how you feel about yourself in the long run.

Self-love is something I struggle with every day. Some days I'll wake up feeling strong and determined, while others I just feel like going back to bed. But the one thing that keeps me going is that 5 minutes of "me time." A little self-love goes a long way.