Remember

Remember

Some words on facing toxicity.

78

Toxicity can serve as the ultimate test. It can make something extremely weak, but it can also make something so much stronger. Everyone faces toxicity; it's all in how you handle it.

There are going to be people that come into your life and only cause harm. There are going to be people who try to ruin things you hold close. There are going to be people that seem to come close to doing so. There are going to be people that send you to hell and back - directly or indirectly. They may even do the same to people you care about immensely, and seeing someone you love go through that may be the worst possible case.

This is something you can't control. The only actions you have control over are your own.

The key in times like these is to remember.

Remember that toxicity can potentially do a large amount of damage, but only if you let it. It can ruin everything, but only if you let it. Remember that someone's stupid actions do not determine your worth. They are only making things worse for themselves... never let them drag you down in the process. No one determines your happiness other than you.

Remember why you started. Remember why you're investing yourself, and why you care so much. Remember how amazing things just were, and how amazing they can be again. Remember that although it may not seem like it to you at the moment, people are trying. Remember that they care. Remember that you're ENOUGH. That you're worth your weight in gold, and then some. Remember that you are a priority, not an obligation. Remember that you're not the only one who believes this.

Remember the love.