Relaxation For College Students

Relaxation For College Students

Five ways to find your inner "Chi" with a busy schedule.

801
Relaxation For College Students

As college students, we all know the stress and strain that comes from busy schedules, difficult classes, and too many late nights. Sometimes we all need a little time to ourselves to relax and recuperate. Wether you have 10 minutes or an hour, here are the some of the best relaxation techniques for college students with full or open schedules.

1. Draw/Color -- 20 min. to 1 hour

One of the trendiest relaxation tools of today is surprising coloring books. Adult coloring books are being sold all everywhere and people love them! You don't even have to be a good at drawing to enjoy one of these guys. Just grab your colored pencils and have fun while relieving stress!

2. Go For a Walk -- 30 min. to 1 hour

Especially if the day is a nice one, there is nothing better to clear your mind then a brisk, beautiful walk. Look for walking trails near your college campus and go with a friend! Or if you are crunched for time, just walk around campus or a park nearby. Take this time to breathe in the fresh air - there is no better feeling!

3. Yoga -- 30 min. to 1 Hour

Exercise is an excellent stress-reliever and luckily many colleges offer "free-with-tuition" exercise courses. Yoga is one of the best exercises to ease your body, mind, and soul.

4. Nap -- 20 min. to 1 hour

Ahhh, the nap! Every college kid's favorite relaxation tool. Whether you have 20 minutes or longer, head back to your dorm or find a nice quite place on campus to rest your weary head and revive yourself for the rest of the day. But be sure to set multiple alarms so that you don't end up sleeping past your next class!

5. Deep Breathing -- 5 to 10 min.

Stressed between classes? Doing some deep breathing techniques is one of the quickest ways to find relief and you can even do it on the go! Deep breathing increases the flow of oxygen to the brain and decreases muscle tension. It is one of the best ways to fight stress and pressures throughout the day.