Ways to Relax In the Winter

Winter break always seems to come at just the right time. As full-time students we are always looking for that break, right? I know I am constantly throughout the semester. So here it is. You don't have any school work (well hopefully) and if your coming from a university you typically have about 3 weeks vacation time to rest, recharge, reboot, unwind, lay back, relax, sleep in, drink wine, binge Netflix, go out, celebrate, enjoy the holidays, and savor these three weeks as they will be the last of the relaxing kind for at least the next six months. Once January rolls around it's right back to the books, so make the most of this time.

Do something for yourself 

Each week, set aside a day or just a couple hours for yourself. Get your nails done, your hair done, get a massage, workout, go out for a drink with your hometown bestie, buy yourself a Christmas gift, have some alone time, take yourself out to lunch. Just make sure you put aside some time to do something special for yourself before things start to get crazy again.

Make time for family + friends 

While being home, your time is mostly going to your family and friends anyway, but make sure you spend ample amounts of time with your Mom, because you know she is going to shoot you that "I miss you" text like 4 hours after you've left to head back to school.

Binge your favorite Netflix shows 

What better time to watch your favorite's, especially since you have so much time to just chill. Find those couple of shows that make you want to curl up in bed and not leave until you've watched all 10 seasons and know exactly what the characters did for their Thanksgiving this year (IRL) of course.

Pull an all-nighter 

Pull an all-nighter OF YOUR CHOICE, not one that's purely for that 9 a.m. exam you have in the morning. All-nighters have such a bad stigma behind them but they don't have to be bad. Stay up all night or until you can manage, buy some wine, find your favorite movies, snacks, drinks, and people to celebrate the night with, I guarantee you'll have a ball.

Prepare for the upcoming semester 

Get your schedule and notebooks ready for the upcoming semester the first week your home so that you don't spend the last couple of days running around trying to get things together.

The end of the year is always a hectic time. Thanksgiving, Christmas, bringing in the new year, visiting mom and dad, hanging out with friends, family, wrapping gifts, traveling, parties, and so many other commitments. BUT, while it's important to visit family and attend holiday parties it's also essential that you have a few days of relaxation in order to collect yourself for the new year that is to come.