Everything Is Happening Just How It Is Supposed To

Dear You, Relax, Everything Is Happening Just How It Is Supposed To

Stop stressing, that will get you nowhere.

379

Spring. The time of the year when students are scrambling to figure out their summer plans. Those plans may be summer classes, an internship, a job, moving, traveling, or maybe even doing nothing and just relaxing. No matter what your goals or plans are, just relax.

If you're anything like me, your biggest cause of stress is yourself. You put stress on yourself to meet your goals. Personally, my goal is to get an internship in my hometown for the summer months this year. So far, things are not going according to plan.

If you're anything like me, you feel like if you don't achieve your initial summer goals that you just failed yourself. You look at those around you landing jobs and internships and moving forward in their life and you feel like you're stuck at a plateau. That is not true.

You have to remember, as cliche as it sounds, everything happens for a reason, and if opportunities are not arising, that just means they are not the right opportunity for you. Just relax, be proactive, but patient. When the right opportunity comes, it will show itself and choose you.

You want the opportunity that wants you, you do not want the opportunity you have to force yourself on. You can only do so much.

Take a step back, focus on what's in front of you. Stop stressing over something that is not here yet. You're causing yourself unnecessary panic and distress. Focus on the classes you have right now, focus on the job you have right now, focus on you and yourself right now. Don't focus on something that does not even exist, yet.

Focus on growing. Gain more knowledge. Read more. Take online classes. Learn about yourself. Be proactive in what you can control right here and right now.

If you're right for that internship you applied to, you'll get it. If you're right for that trip you're planning, it will happen. If you're right for that part-time job, they'll call you back.

If you're right for the opportunity, it will happen. Until then, you can only be proactive in searching for opportunities but you cannot force anything. When the right opportunity comes, you'll know and you'll be thankful you waited for it.