12 Relationship Therapists To Follow On Instagram

12 Relationship Therapists To Follow On Instagram For The Most Fulfilling Love Life, Doctor's Orders

It's 2020, you should only be following accounts that inspire you.

72349

While you continue working on prioritizing your health and happiness in 2020, why not transform your social media feeds to be places that inspire and teach you? Long gone are the days where you follow accounts that make you feel bad about yourself (unfollow them because... no thank you).

Instead, if part of your journey to be the best version of yourself and live your best, most fulfilling life includes love, then you need to follow these relationship therapists on Instagram stat. You can thank me later...

1. @shadeenfrancislmft

View this post on Instagram
Sometimes the most radical thing you can do is tell the truth. . . Your voice is one of the most powerful tools that you have. That is why it is so emotionally destructive to be silenced, and so painful to be misunderstood. . . But then there are ways we avoid using our voice. Maybe you don't feel like you have anything of value to say. Maybe you don't expect your voice to matter. Maybe you don't know how to speak up, or aren't sure what to say. Whatever the reason, we owe it to ourselves and the people/causes we care about to use our voices to speak up, to advocate, to challenge, to affirm, and to teach. It isn't enough to have a seat at the table- what are you going to say when you get there? . . The truth I champion is our indisputable right to peace and pleasure. YOU DESERVE IT. Nobody else is owed your energy, your time, your gifts, or your wellness. I bring that message with me loudly, wherever I go. It is a challenge necessary for our collective healing and liberation from oppression. In a world that constantly devalues our humanity, truth is radical. It isn't always comfortable, but gives us the bravery to bring a microphone to the table and take up space for what we know is important. . . Thank you to the @theccnyc for creating #culturecon as a space for us creatives of colour to have real conversations about art, access, and community. Our voices were strong, and we will continue to speak up. For truth. For liberation. For the culture. . . Shirt reads: Women don't owe you shit. (Which is also true.) #catchfeelings
A post shared by Sex & Relationship Therapist (@shadeenfrancislmft) on Nov 15, 2019 at 6:05pm PST

2. @mytherapycorner

3. @eboniharrisma

View this post on Instagram
#TBT
A post shared by Eboni | Relationship Therapist (@eboniharrisma) on Jan 2, 2020 at 4:41pm PST

4. @lovealways.drbetsy

View this post on Instagram
I decided to become a psychologist because my friend decided to become a psychologist. True story. : But first, some background. : I grew up admiring my sisters for pursuing careers related to their talents. Unlike them, I wasn't sure what my talent was, so I entered college “undeclared," and filled my schedule with random classes. : I stumbled upon psychology, liked it, and eventually majored in it. : I graduated college without a clue about what I wanted to do, so when a friend told me about his plans to go to graduate school, I applied to the same program the following year and got accepted. : Guys, THAT'S how I became a psychologist. : There's this misconception that each person MUST have a “calling." Not only is that belief untrue, it can hinder growth. If you're one of those people struggling to thrive due to a belief that “one day, it'll come to me," then you've likely been waiting for some arbitrary sign to tell you what to do, and you've avoided taking career risks due to fear that you'll make the “wrong" choice. But the longer you're in that state, the worst you feel for “falling behind" your peers. : Truth is, there's no “perfect" career for you. It's not mandatory that you “always knew" what you wanted to do. Some kids discover talents or interests that were REINFORCED enough that careers were born of out them, but it's not what happens to ALL or even MOST people. : For me, what started out as a seed of interest, grew into a tree of passion. I didn't know that I was going to fall in love with psychology as much as I did until I studied it, practiced it, and grew confident as a psychologist. : If my friend hadn't mentioned psychology school, I could've also stumbled into Law or business. 🤷🏻♀️ Maybe one day, I can still do those things, and I can become passionate about them too. : Moral of the story: Passion for something can be GROWN, and it's normal to have interest in multiple fields, but you have to pick one to start. : Photo: @steen.machine
A post shared by Dr. Betsy, Cali Therapist (@lovealways.drbetsy) on Apr 2, 2020 at 10:16am PDT

5. @drmerryfrons

6. @therapywith_emily

7. @connectioncounselingny

8. @dr.crystalbenjamin

9. @themodernintimacy

10. @chicagosextherapy

11. @jen_the_therapist

12. @ivannalmft

Follow Swoon on Instagram.