3 Phone Numbers You Need To Save To Be Safe In Any Relationship

3 Phone Numbers You Need Saved In Your Contacts To Be Safe In Your Relationships

They could save a life.

4862

Whether you're in an unhealthy relationship currently, you know someone who is, or you just want to have these numbers saved just in case it could one day save someone's life (if not your own), this article is for you. Here are three numbers to save in your contacts ASAP so you can always be safe, both physically and mentally, in every relationship.

1. National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 (1-800-799-SAFE)

The Domestic Violence Hotline is free and confidential for your safety.

How: You can text LOVEIS to 22522 or call 1-800-799-7233 (1-800-799-SAFE) or 1-800-787-3224 for TTY to speak to an advocate to discuss your situation and develop a safety plan.

Who: Victims, survivors, friends, and family members who are concerned for their own safety or that of someone they know are encouraged to call The Hotline to begin safety planning to get all the vital information you need, tailored to a specific situation.

If you or a loved one may need a restraining order, here's Everything You Need To Know About Filing A Restraining Order, For Mental And Physical Safety.

What: The Hotline provides help for friends and family, victims, and even abusive partners. If you are unsure of whether you should call based on your particular situation, here are resources for victims, survivors, friends and family, and abusive partners. That said, if your life or that of someone you know is in danger, call 911.

When: You can call or text The Hotline 24/7/365.

For more information, visit their website here.

2. National Dating Abuse Helpline: 1-866-331-9474

The National Dating Abuse Helpline is free and confidential for your safety.

How: You can call 1-866-331-9474 or 1-866-331-8453 for TTY or go on loveisrespect.org to speak to an advocate. If your situation is complex and it is safe to do so, they suggest you call them to thoroughly talk things through with a peer advocate.

Who: Teens and young adults (typically 20-somethings) looking for dating education, support, and advocacy.

What: The Dating Abuse Helpline provides someone to listen, help you explore your options, ask questions, and give you tips for staying safe! That said, if you are in immediate danger, call 911.

When: You can call or text the Dating Abuse Helpline 24/7/365.

3. National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-4673 (1-800-656-HOPE)

The National Sexual Assault Hotline is free and confidential for your safety.

How: You can call 1-800-656-4673 (1-800-656-HOPE) to be connected with a trained staff member from a sexual assault service provider near you or get confidential crisis support online.

Who: Anyone affected by sexual assault, whether it happened to you or someone you know, can contact this hotline for support.

What: The Sexual Assault Hotline provides confidential support, help with finding local health facilities to care for survivors of sexual assault, someone to talk through what happened, local resources, information about laws and medical concerns, and more. That said, if you are in immediate danger, call 911.

When: You can contact the Sexual Assault Hotline 24/7/365.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.