26 Green Flags Every Relationship Needs

26 'Green Flags' Every Relationship Needs

Pet-approved.

592
https://unsplash.com/photos/lgXWgyAqmVs

I'm tired of hearing about the telltale red flags of a relationship and I don't want to give more attention to that toxicity. Just break up already and find someone that brings green flags into your life. Relationships can be amazing and every cautionary sign can be opposed by a mushy gushy romantic one.

If you have green flags in your relationship, you know that the partnership brings positivity into your life. Your healthy relationship is on the right track and you are genuinely happy.

You are supported, loved, and cared for.

If there are no red flags, make sure that there are some green flags in your relationship:

Always listens to you

Listens to your stories, your complaints, your mumbles. You always have an ear to rely on because they want to hear what you have to say.

Cheers you up when you have a bad day

Whether that's making you dinner, giving you a foot massage, or just making you laugh, they know just how to flip that frown upside down.

You don't have to tell them how to treat you

They just do it naturally.

Gives you the last piece of pie

My boyfriend's dad says, "True love is when you're both starving on a stranded island, but you choose to give your partner your portion of food." I would never let that happen and I know my boyfriend wouldn't accept the meal either, but it's the thought that counts.

Enjoys being around your friends

Just imagine you're in "Friends."

A unique language

My parents have their own secrete language and there are times when I have no idea what they are talking about.

Security not jealousy

Your relationship isn't on the rocks when you wave to a random stranger.

Time away doesn't mean time apart

I've been in a long distance relationship for awhile, but we talk 24/7. This communication is everything to me.

Confession: on more than one occasion we have both fallen asleep on FaceTime and, to our surprise, woken up the next morning still on FaceTime.

Not embarrased or shy

There comes to a point when you just let go, come out of your shell, and be real. If that means fart, go ahead and just toot away.

Sends things to you that reminds them of you

You can't help but smile when they tag you in a post on Facebook.

They think you're beautiful all the time

When you don't have any makeup on and are rocking your stained sweats, your beauty shines. If they think you're prettiest when you aren't trying, that's when you know they love you.

Says sorry

We all make mistakes, but those who own up to it and apologize, really care.

Compromises

A relationship that can find a middle ground is a stable one.

Does the little things that matters most

No matter how many grand gestures someone does for you, the true sparks of love flicker in bursts throughout the day.

Learns from mistakes

If they ever make you uncomfortable, upset, or angry, they consciously make an effort to not step on your toes again.

Doesn't watch Netflix shows without you

Unless you've made and signed an agreement.

Traveling is exciting but so is snuggling by a fire

You don't need an adventure to enjoy your time together.

Remembers you throughout the day

That one, "I miss you," text means a lot.

Pet-approved

Your dog, cat, or hamster is the honest-to-goodness stamp of approval.

Knows how to read you

Just by a look or by an "I'm fine," text, they know what you're thinking and feeling. I involuntarily pout like a baby when I'm upset, so it's pretty easy to tell when I need a hug.

Has a real conversation

The jokes, movie-talk, and gossip are all fun and games, but at the end of the day, you need someone who can hold a genuine, serious conversation.

Supports you

They are your biggest cheerleader and incredibly proud of your achievements.

Protects you

Overprotection is never healthy, but there isn't anything wrong with caring and wanting to make sure you're safe.

Makes you laugh and laughs at your jokes

Doesn't laugh at you (well, maybe a little bit).

Takes care of you when you're sick

No matter how much they hate germs, they will always be there to wipe up your snot. If I had a boyfriend who didn't care to come to check up on me, I would dump him in a heartbeat.

The love is unquestionable

No more love me, love me nots, there is no doubt that they love you and there is nothing better than feeling secure.