Registering For The Last Time

Registering For The Last Time

How I feel as I get ready to register for my last semester at Concordia College.

6
Registering For The Last Time
Clipart Kid

There are so many things you have to worry about when you become a senior in college. What am I going to do after graduation? What job do I want? What about graduate school? Will I even get a job?

But what you didn't realize is that the things you never thought about throughout your three years at college would suddenly mean a lot to you. Even something as small as registration.

This fact has recently hit me as I get ready to register for my final semester at Concordia. Registration has always been a stressful event. I would always be worried that I wouldn't get into the classes that I really wanted or even the ones that I needed. And then the system would break down and I wouldn't be able to get in to register at all.

So many headaches.

But as I prepare to register for classes for my final semester at Concordia, I find myself relishing the process like I never had before. It feels like something I've done a million times, but I also know that this will be my last.

I love being able to pick out which classes I'm going to take, although I don't have much left to choose from now. And I love being able to meet with my adviser and just talk about what I have planned, even though that isn't much, and which classes I plan on taking. I think I've even come to love how easy the actual registration is. You just put in a few numbers and boom! you're registered for their corresponding classes.

Everything about the process has become easier and more familiar, and that's what makes me worry about next semester. When registration comes around again, I won't be doing any of this.

I won't be searching through my course catalog to try and figure out what classes are being offered. I won't be getting my pin number from my adviser. I won't be getting excited about the classes I'm going to be taking the following year.

Next semester will be hard for many reasons, and not registering will definitely be one of them. I think that will be the thing to show me that I really won't be at this school again next year.

I won't see all of the freshman next year, learn their names as I work with them in Dining Services. This is the last time I'll see the college surrounded by the beautiful fall colors, as a student at least. This will even be the last time that I'll see some of the professors that I've gotten to know here.

It'll take not doing something that I have done for the past three years for me to realize that I won't be coming back.

The memories all seem like yesterday, but they also seem like they were forever ago when I really think about them. I'm going to miss this place and the people I have met here.

Concordia is such a beautiful campus, and everyone is so friendly, that I feel like I've met and know a lot more people here than I do anywhere else.

But, like everyone else, I have to move on; continue with my life. There will be challenges and hardships, just like I've had here, but it will also be exhilarating and adventurous, and I can't wait for it to start.