Voting Is One Of The Best Ways For People To Elicit Change And You Should Do It On November 6

Make sure you vote, everyone! Be the change.

230

I hear these phrases said quite often and it makes me sad:

"I don´t care about politics."

"It doesn't affect me so..."

"Nothing will change anyway."

Voting is one of the best ways for people to elicit change. The people are the only way that a person could get into a position of power and we can very well be a threat to someone who isn't doing the best for the country.

The current political climate can be very discouraging to some. I often feel discouraged by all the horrid things that occur and the rhetoric that is being accepted as fact, and I'm a political science major.

I can't emphasize enough how much more important it is the vote, now more than ever. At a time where we feel disappointed by the actions of our government, it is our civic duty to get to those polls. We have to show the government officials that we will not take things sitting down and we will vote them out if they are not doing what it is in the best interest for the people of this country.

The only people that can change politics and change the country is us. We hold that power. It's not just voting, it's encouraging others to vote, to become educated in the matters that concern our people, and to get involved in causes that matter to us. Politics doesn't just belong to the political scientists or government officials, it concerns EVERYONE.

If you want to live in a prosperous and equal country, it is not time to go against voting, it is time to exercise your right as an American.

Don't be discouraged because if there's any time to be excited for change, it is now. It is now when the people are seeing the injustice and the corruption in the government. It is now when the American people are coming together to improve the quality of life and gain equality for the masses.

I encourage everyone to go out and vote on November 6, not only because it affects you, but to play a part in improving the entire country.

This is the site where you find all information regarding registration:

https://www.rockthevote.org/

I hope to see you at the polls.