Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Your outfits

18
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Courtesy of Lizzie McGuire

It is no secret that doing your laundry sucks, especially if for the first 18 years of your life, your mom did it for you. I think this is the main reason why starting college was such a culture shock. How did I manage to go through my entire closet in a week? Why is my hamper emitting a strange smell? Where’s my Mommy? Once you finally figured out that the laundry pods go inside a little drawer on the washing machine, your life was changed forever. Then, a pattern started emerging. You stopped wearing all of your clothes, only a select few, and washing them over and over again. You fell into the deep dark abyss the fashion world calls the outfit recycler. Here are the many crimes of the outfit recycler.

The workout. There is something about wearing running shorts and a t-shirt to class that screams fashionista, which is why so many girls on our campus can be found walking around wearing this dynamic outfit. The only irony is that these clothes are rarely worn to the gym. The only time they get even slightly sweaty is when you re late to class. Due to its prevalence, this crime is only a misdemeanor.

Combat boots and leggings. Saved for when the weather gets chilly, this comfy outfit is a go-to classic for anyone who fears getting cold feet. This person, however, must be willing to brave the cold windchill on their legs because leggings are seriously thin. It honestly does not make sense to wear unless your leggings are fleece-lined, which is why anyone who wears this outfit on repeat will get judged.

Anything and leggings. While the avid anti-leggings protesters will say time and time again that leggings are not pants, let's be serious, yes they are. You can wear anything with leggings and look great. T-shirt? Comfy and cute. Sweater? Fashion guru. Fancy blouse? Oscar-ready outfit. Of course, if you wear leggings too often, people will start to think you cannot afford real pants. Don't let people think you can't afford real pants. This is the most serious of all the outfit repeating crimes. 

And that's it folks. College students have a very small selection to choose from, but we do it with style. This does not mean, however, that you should completely ignore the other clothes in your closet. Give them a little love, and maybe you won't be called an outfit recycler.