Red Bull Invites Students Across The Globe To Compete In International Travel Challenge

Travel across Europe for seven days without spending a penny? I'm in.
39

For the second year in a row now, Red Bull presents its "Can You Make It?" Contest: a challenge that invites thrill-seekers across the globe to partake in a competition involving adventure, charm, and wit. Submit a one minute video explaining why you and two friends should be chosen; winners get to spend seven days in Europe cost-free. Simple, right?

Think again.

The chosen 165 teams will have to make it through Europe, stopping at various locations and completing multiple challenges en route to their final destination. As challenging as that sounds, that's not the hardest part. Contestants must rely on their charm and bartering skills, because they are only allowed to use cans of Red Bull as currency. Food, places to sleep, and transportation aren't included in this once-in-a-lifetime epic adventure. Between 24 cans of Red Bull and three friends, you have to achieve one goal: make it from one of five different starting points in Europe to the final destination. This year, that place happens to be Paris, France. Along the way, you can stop in at checkpoints in over 30 different European cities and earn more cans of Red Bull by completing various challenges. Each team has the freedom of creating their own path on this daring adventure, but straying from the rules is grounds for immediate disqualification. Teams must turn in their phones, cash, and cards prior to the start of the competition; in return, they receive the cans of Red Bull and one smartphone per group to record the adventure and employ in case of an emergency. Rules also prohibit preplanned transportation or housing with friends. The rules are serious and the competition is intense, but for those thrill-seeking individuals bold enough to embark on the journey, the rewards are limitless.

An opportunity like this offers participants both limitless adventure and tons of room for growth. Living without the technologies and luxuries of their daily lives will teach contestants to value the little things in life. They must be resourceful, courageous, and accommodating. This is more than just a walk on the wild side or a trip down the road less traveled; it's an epic journey that will change the lives of those who dare to participate.

Speaking of those who dare to participate, I'm proud to say that two of my fellow daredevils and I have chosen to submit an application. Our thirst for adventure is one that can only be quenched by Red Bull, and fan votes is the only way to get there. We're prepared to take on this experience of a lifetime, and learn countless lessons along the way. We've already learned that sometimes the most valuable things come in the smallest packages. In this case, a silver and blue 8.4 oz can of Red Bull.

Check out our video here and please hit like to vote!