35 Reasons Why The Holiday Season Is The Best Season

It is my favorite season and it should be yours too.
46

The holiday season is my favorite time of the year and it should be your's too. These are the reasons I think it is the best.

1. Pumpkin Patches
  2. Ice skating
  3. Everything is decorated
  4. Thanksgiving=food
  5. Food makes everyone happy
  6. People are happier during the holiday season
  7. Season of giving
  8. Everything is festive
  9. Friends become closer
  10. Family time
  11. College kids get to go home
  12. NO SCHOOL
  13. Thanksgiving food is the best food
  14. Finally a home-cooked meal
  15. Relaxation time
  16. Christmas music is the best music
  17. Christmas trees everywhere
  18. Bath and Body Works fall/winter candles are the best
  19. Colder weather
  20. Bonfires
  21. Fireplace fires
  22. Hot chocolate
  23. Christmas movies
  24. Starbucks red cups
  25. Panera soup on a cold day
  26. Comfy clothing
  27. Curling up on the couch with many blankets
  28. Hot chocolate
  29. Christmas lights
  30. Fall clothes are the cutest
  31. Boots are the best shoes
  32. You can wear sweatshirts all the time
  33. White Christmas’ are amazing
  34. Gift giving makes everyone feel good
  35. Baking
Cover Image Credit: Pexels

An Open Letter To Every Athlete On Their Senior Night

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"
44763

Dear Seniors,

For many of you, today was a day that you had always wished would come sooner, only to find that when the day arrived wishing for it to come was the last thing you truly ever wanted.

When stepping out onto the court or field or rink for the very last time today, take a moment to stand quietly and look out into the crowd, look to your teammates, to your coaches, and to your fellow seniors, and remember the way this made you feel, as this is a feeling you will remember for the rest of your life.

Today and every day moving forward will be filled with memories that will last you a lifetime.

Today is a day bound to be filled with endless amounts of tears, both happy and sad, so let it be. Let these feelings consume you, and serve as a reminder that no matter where you may go in life from this very moment, that you have made a family of your own. That you have changed the lives of others by just simply being in theirs.

That all the little things were really the big things, like the nicknames you had for your teammates, or your favorite song to sing in the locker room before a game. These things that never seemed to mean anything at the time are all the things that you will carry with you when you leave this place you call your home away from home.

On this day, years from now you will not remember the wins and losses of each season, but the people that took this journey with you and never let you look back.

The teammates that picked you up and carried you through the good and the bad of each day. The ones that taught you to see the good in all things. The ones who never let you live down the stupid things you did, mainly because they did them with you. And even the ones that you couldn't stand 99.9% percent of the time.

You will remember the coaches that pushed you and never let you give up.

You will remember all the times they yelled and made you run until you couldn't walk. The times that they depended on you to be the leaders we all knew you could be. But more than any of that, you will remember the opportunity they gave you to play the game you learned to love, the game that changed your life, the game that taught you more lessons about life, love and dedication than anything ever could.

On this day I ask you to remember a few things. I ask that you remember that the impact you have had on your teammates' lives is unmeasurable, never doubt that. The time you have spent dedicated to this sport that you love was never, EVER a waste of your time, because you are a better person because of it.

I ask you to remember that although the sadness you may hold in your heart overwhelms you, that you have found a part of you along this journey that will help you follow your dreams, whatever they may be.

Play your heart out today, and leave knowing you've given it all you've got just one last time. Leave knowing that you are one of the lucky ones. Remember the love, remember the defeat, remember the laughs and the tears, remember the battle wounds. Remember this feeling, always and forever.

Best of Luck,

Your Biggest Fan