Reasons Why the Characters in New Girl are Perfect

You should definitely give this show a try to see what you have been missing!
173

There are few shows out there that have a cast full of amazing and well rounded characters. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that "New Girl" is definitely one of those shows. This show has an amazing cast of six people with completely different backgrounds all thrown into an apartment together on one fateful day. I mean, I don't know about you, but I didn't think that a show about four (sometimes five) roommates would be great; and I was pleasantly surprised. I started watching and I completely caught up within a few weeks, it's that good. If you need more reasons why you should start watching this show, here are the amazing characters you are missing out on! And if you are someone who loves this show as much as me, here are some reasons why your favorites are perfect.

Jessica Day (Zooey Deschanel)

Jess is probably one of the cutest (and admittedly kind of annoying) character on TV right now. She is just a little cupcake of optimism and kindheartedness. She cares so much about her roommates and her kids that she works with at her school. She is also someone who likes glitter and desserts, which is a great quality to have. She has an extremely strong personality and she is not someone to be messed with. However, her heart is full of so much love that it is easy to look past her flaws.

Nick Miller (Jake Johnson)

Nick Miller is someone that you would be disgusted by one minute and then fall in love with the next. He is another cutie pie that is disguised as a bitter old man. He is the definition of someone who has an old soul. Not only does he love sitting around all day but he also loves his zombie apocalypse romance novel that he has been working on for years. He may be a lazy guy but his heart is definitely in the right place. He is probably my favorite character on the show because of his attitude and personality alone.

Schmidt (Max Greenfield)

Oh, Schmidt. He is probably the character with the most interesting personality. He thinks extremely highly of himself, in the most adorable way possible. He cares so much for the way that he looks that he often forgets that other people have feelings and thoughts (which may cost him a dollar or two in the Douchebag Jar). But he's so cute about it it's easy to look past. I mean, look at that face in that GIF! You can almost ignore the fact that he is being smug. The character development for him, however, really shows that even the most self-absorbed can change and learn to love other people. And as good ol' Schmidt often exclaims, "Schmidt happens".

Winston Bishop (Lamorne Morris)

Winston is basically a puppy. He is adorable, loving and extremely caring when it comes to the people that he lives with and the girls that he has crushes on. He may be really, really bad at pranks but he makes up for it in other ways. He is brave and trustworthy. He also has a huge heart that wants to make people happy. He may not like exercising and he may have an excuse for any type of physical labor but give him a tub on the roof of their apartment building and he is a happy camper.

Coach (Damon Wayans Jr.)

Coach left sort of early in the show but he makes his return in later seasons and it was a wonderful return. Coach is such a great character because he is such a sweetheart even though he may not have the best control over his temper. He may get annoyed at Nick and Schmidt and their antics but you know he still has a special place in his heart for those two dweebs. And look at that award winning smile! He definitely has a soft spot for his friends and it's really reassuring to see such an old friend of some of these characters sticking around with them for all these years.

Cece Parekh (Hannah Simone)

Cece is the best friend I think everyone wishes they had. She will drop everything and come to Jess's rescue any time Jess needs it. Cece is absolutely adorable, has a sass level that is through the roof and she will not take shit from anyone. Basically, I want to be her when I grow up. She may not know what she wants to do with her life but she knows that she will have a group of friends that will do anything for her. She is an adorable cutie pie and her character development was so great to witness. She is definitely one of the best female characters on TV right now.

This show is definitely a great one to watch when you need something short and something that will make you laugh. These characters work together so nicely it's great to see. Not only are the characters perfect, but they also teach you an amazing new drinking game to try with friends! It's called True American, and if you can survive the night, you deserve bragging rights for the rest of your life.

If you have ever wanted to give this show a try, now you know all the reasons why it's the best! Give it a try and then you can see what you have been missing all these years!