Flowers Aren't Just For Valentine's Day, So Here's Your Sign To Get Your S.O. Some Roses

I am so in love with flowers, how they brighten up the room and add floral aromas. Although it's typical to buy your Valentine a bouquet of roses, I love getting flowers even when there's nothing to celebrate. I especially love getting flowers when there's nothing to celebrate. Flowers are my favorite gift because they only exist to add beauty and multiply that into more beautiful flowers. Their only real purpose is to bring joy and happiness into the room. Once my boyfriend saw how happy I was upon getting flowers for Valentine's Day this year, he got flowers for me in the middle of the week, for no reason other than seeing the smile on my face (and I'm hoping I get more flowers now that we have a vase.) Celebrate the small victories in life, even if it just means you had the energy to get to the store this morning, buy your girl the flowers. Surprises like a simple bouquet of flowers can and will brighten up her day.

Flowers feel poetic to me because the purpose of their life is to bring beauty but like all things, flowers eventually die, it's the circle of life. But once the flowers die, you have the opportunity to replace the vase with new flowers that will continue to bring joy to your home. Temporary happiness is everything, because in this life we have moments. Moments of joy, sadness, grief, fear, anger loathing, as humans we each experience all of these feelings. This is why we must find joy in everything, even if it's temporary. A lot can be learned from the life cycle of flowers. Some things exist only to bring temporary joy, and that's okay. Just because flowers die doesn't mean I'd prefer some fake flowers and perfume, because part of the beauty of a flower is the fact that their loveliness and innocence won't last forever.

Another reason I love flowers is that each flower is unique, and like snowflakes, they each have individual characteristics. There is so much of a variety of different flowers that you will never run out of different flowers to bring to your home (unless of course, you have a favorite).

So fellas (and ladies), if you need a sign to get your girlfriend flowers, here it is. She will appreciate the love and effort put into it. (Here's a little secret: you can even get them after Valentine's Day, at almost every store.)

And, single ladies, you should love yourself with or without a man. If you don't have a significant other, don't get sad, be your own soulmate. Get flowers for yourself, and the best part is you can pick out exactly what you want! Brighten up your home, even if you don't have anyone else to surprise, your own joy and happiness is important.