4 Reasons To Show Love Daily, Not Just On Valentine's

Be kind to your Valentine and to your bank account!

19

It’s no secret that some of us have a love/hate relationship with Valentine’s Day. For some of you, it’s a day filled with your favorite candy, a cute stuffed animal, and a date with your person. For others maybe it’s burning memories, literally…striking a match to items that are reminders of wasted time, heartbreak, and well, someone who just wasn’t right. Whether it’s your favorite holiday, or the biggest waste of money in your opinion, here are a few reasons to use every other day besides Valentine’s Day to show the one you love how much you care.

It’s obvious. Of course, surprising your girlfriend, boyfriend, fiancé, husband, wife, partner, whomever with flowers and their favorite candy on Valentine’s Day is a nice gesture, but if you’re going for something a bit less predictable, I challenge you to do this for absolutely no reason. I guarantee you; your “Valentine” will appreciate it that much more. Show up to their work or leave a special note for them before they walk out of the door. Kindness is always classy, and the smallest gestures can say the most.

It’s cheaper. HELLO! This is a biggie. Obviously, they are going to raise the price. Why? This is not even a simple fact of supply and demand, people. This is so much more than economics. It is absolutely absurd to spend twice as much money on roses on one day of the year when you could buy them constantly. Ladies, your man will appreciate this gesture (and so will his wallet). Gentleman, show her you care every single day. Not just on the one day where you can’t escape the pink and red, heart balloons, and chocolate in every grocery store in the United States of America.

Your relationship will thrive. Randomly surprise your boyfriend with their favorite food, or maybe you surprise your wife with doing something as simple as folding the laundry (I am not a wife yet but laundry is overwhelming to us all). Those small acts of kindness will show that you care, without you even realizing the importance. You can do this on any day other than Valentine’s Day! Why not?

It’s not as overwhelming. Think about it. Walking into any department store, grocery store, mall, etc. is probably very overwhelming for our new valentines. What color, pink or red? What kind of candy? What deal is going on? Why this one? Why that one? All of these decisions go into one small gesture of just trying to show someone you care. Instead of being overwhelmed by the gifts, I challenge you to overwhelm your Valentine with care. It’s so cheesy, I know, but sending your blood pressure through the roof to decide on what overpriced chocolate to buy is unnecessary. Be kind all the time, even to your bank account.

Whether you’re buying your Valentine all of the chocolate in the store or simply just spending the day together, remember that one day of the year does not mean you can only show it then. Show that you care daily. Be kind all of the time. Save your money and Happy Valentine’s Day!