5 Reasons Why It's Good To Be A Morning Person

You snooze, you lose.

4
Photo by Nathan Dumlao on Unsplash

Most people have a hard time waking up before 9 AM and need a couple cups of coffee in their system before they're up and going for the day. It's sometimes hard to pull yourself out of bed, the warm comfort of your blankets basically holding you captive, even harder to get yourself dressed, teeth brushed, and hair combed. It's a rough time before the sunrises for some, but not for me! Being a morning person has been one of the easiest things in my life and when I tell people that they often shutter in fear and apologize.

I've learned that there are a lot of benefits to being a morning person that always make it worthwhile over hitting the snooze button.

1. Sunrise.

Seeing the sun rise is something a lot of people take for granted but it's something that I enjoy. Nothing is more fun to me than walking outside of a building when it's still dark out and watching the sun rise from above the horizon. Not only is it a calming way to start my morning, but it helps me keep myself in check and prepare myself the the day ahead! Plus, I'm not waking up to the awful burst of sunshine seeping through my blinds.

2. Productivity.

The best time for me to get things done is in the morning, and using all of those extra hours I have in the morning allows me to get things done! I don't have to worry about staying up late and pulling all-nighters because I have time within my day to do the things I need to do. Being a morning person has really allowed myself the ability to keep myself less stressed just because I have more time to get things done. It's been a huge benefit in college for sure.

3. Class Registration.

Not only has being a morning person been beneficial for my productivity in school, but it's also been really helpful with class registration. The grand majority of college kids would die at the thought of taking a 9 AM, let alone an 8 AM. Those classes for me are no problem at all and it makes registering for classes a little bit easier considering there are always spots available for those classes early in the morning.

4. Saving Money.

Being a natural morning person means I don't ave to start my day off with a cup of coffee, or two, or three depending on who you are. I've never had to think about budgeting for daily Starbucks or had to seriously considering buying a Keurig coffee machine to keep in the dorms with me. The average person spends over $1,000 dollars on coffee alone each year which means that I can save that money to put to things that are more important to me, like paying off student debt.

5. Energy!

Running

Waking up early without any help from caffeine really does boost me through the whole entire day without feeling tired. There's no slowing down, especially because there's no added sugar going into my body that will make me crash later. Once I wake up, I'm jumping out of bed looking for things to do, places to go, and people to see. Being a morning person makes me want to go out and go do things, and having the energy from a good nights sleep is always a bonus!

Sure, night owls are cool, but in reality, being a morning person is where it's at. The early bird gets the worm, and that worm has a lot of benefits on a day to day basis, but also in the grand scheme of things.