Reasons to Tell Our Parents "Thank You"

Reasons to Tell Our Parents "Thank You"

38
Reasons to Tell Our Parents "Thank You"

I cannot count the number of times the words “YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND” have came out of my mouth. Although parents are the easiest people to blame when things do not go our way, they have always had our best interest at heart. With age comes perspective, and I have truly realized how much my parents have taught me; so thank you, to all parents, because we owe our wonderful lives to you.

Thank you for saying no. As much as we begged to get whatever we wanted, thank you for saying no. We still might not truly understand the reasons for not getting the car of our dreams or for not getting to go to the biggest party of the year, but we respect them today more than ever. You taught us to be humble, a forever-grateful trait.

Thank you for providing a home. Until you have lived in a dorm, you will never be so thankful for a soft bed in your own home. Thank you for providing shelter, nurture, and love in the most times of need. (And we can’t forget about the amazing food!)

Thank you for teaching us to be independent. If chores were never enforced, or we never learned how to manage our own time, college today would be extremely difficult. Thank you for forcing us to learn about the outside world and for pushing us to be the absolute best we can be.

Thank you for setting an example. The way we view the world today is because of the way we witnessed your views. Thank you for showing us stability, teaching us honesty, and holding us to our dreams. Thank you for sending us to church and making us watch the news; you shaped our future.

Your parenthood will never be forgotten, and will be the first example we turn to when it is our time to step into your shoes. So thank you: for life, for love, and for giving us an amazing life. We truly owe it all to you.