David Hon,

First and foremost, I would like to explain feminism to you. Feminism is a growing movement for equality. While there are many misconceptions when it comes to feminism, with one of the most common being that feminism specifically liberates women at the expense of men, this is not realistic. At its core, feminism is actually a movement with the intention to breakdown the gender standards we have today. So no David Hon, feminists do not hate all men, we just hate the untrue information you are feeding to the public (i.e. wage gap and rape culture does not exist). Also, I would like to add that of the many reasons I would never date you, your appearance has absolutely nothing to do with it. If I was looking for someone at the moment I would be perfectly fine if they were not necessarily the most attractive man on the planet as long as they were a decent human being that took my beliefs and my rights into consideration.

The truth is, David Hon, I don't blame you for your ignorance. You have probably been raised to believe what you believe, I mean we all have. But some of us reach a point in our lives where we become educated and decide for ourselves what is the truth. Something that you mentioned in your article is that many women are upset about the wage gap (with you disagree exists) and rape culture (which you also disagree exists). And yes, we are upset that we are paid nearly 20% less than men for doing the exact same job. And yes, we are upset that we have to constantly worry about our safety when we walk home from a night class or even go on a date with a mutual friend. People like you are the reason why the women who are sexually assaulted hesitate when reporting their attacker.

Now regarding your comment on rape culture, rape culture condones physical and emotional violence against women as the norm. In a rape culture both men and women assume that sexual violence is inevitable. In 2014 a 19-year-old girl reported being raped over a bathroom sink during a house party. And according to the trial, Judge Camp asked her why she didn't push her bottom into the sink to avoid penetration and he wondered openly, "Why couldn't you just keep your knees together?" then later told the defendant that he should be careful, his exact words were, "I want you to tell your friends, your male friends, that they have to be far more gentle with women. They have to be far more patient. And they have to be very careful. To protect themselves, they have to be very careful." This judge is clearly disregarding what the defendant did to this teenage girl, he took advantage of her, and scarred her for eternity. All he gets is a slap on the wrist? No rape culture doesn't exist at all. Maybe asking for consent via text doesn't seem so awful after all.

According to you the differences between men and women make dating more enjoyable for you, that women are making this a "battle of the sexes" and your hope is that women will eventually stop fighting for their equal rights. I am here to tell you that we will never stop fighting for these rights. So David Hon, I know you will probably never read this article especially since so many other women like myself are outraged by yours. But maybe someone who shares your beliefs will see it and understand that feminism is a movement for equality in pay and in consent, and that feminism is not a group of women who hate men. We simply are fighting for equal rights for everyone.

I for one, am more than grateful that my boyfriend understands that my beliefs do not mean I love him any less or think of myself as superior. He understands that we are all equal and should be treated as such. And does not belittle my beliefs regarding equality and feminism. But even if a feminist were to date someone that shared your beliefs, hopefully they are enough of a decent human being to accept her beliefs and not belittle them.