11 Reasons Living In A Studio Apartment, ALONE, Is The Best Way To Live In College

Seriously, I've been through it all and this the absolute best option for living.

976
Kelsey Dietrich

A lot of changes commence when you enter college: harder classes, new friends, independence, financial responsibilities, and the pressure of exploring your passions to create a lifelong career, just to mention a few.

On top of all that, the biggest change is sometimes your living situation in college. With so many choices (dorm with roommates, dorm without roommates, sorority house, roommates in a house, roommates in an apartment, and single studio apartment), it can be difficult figuring out what situation is the best until you've actually LIVED in it.

(Sidenote, the quality of your roommates is also WAY more important than the quantity of your roommates. If you have one toxic roommate, but three good ones, then that single toxic person will still outweigh the three positive people.)

I, without a doubt, will tell you that living in a single studio apartment is by far the best way to live in college. Here are only 11 of the reasons why.

1. It's always quiet 

You don't have to worry about listening to a roommate fighting with their boyfriend every. single. night. while you are trying to do your homework.

2. The only mess you have to deal with is your own

And even then, you keep the apartment in tip-top shape.

3. Nobody is touching your stuff

It's just an assumption that as a good roommate you won't touch the other roommate's personal stuff, but sadly, it still. happens. Living alone is great because you never have to worry about this.

4. More fridge space

A whole entire fridge for yourself!

5. You can play your music all the time

If you ever need a break from the quiet, you can play whatever music you want at whatever volume you prefer because you don't have to wear headphones in an attempt to not bother your roommates (because, thankfully, you don't have any).

6. The kitchen is always clean

Probably the most important benefit to living alone!

7. You are in control of the thermostat

No more sweating or shivering based on the preference of somebody else.

8. You can take a shower whenever you want

Since you don't have to worry about having another person in the shower OR having random company out in your living room that you have to walk by on your way out of the bathroom.

9. You can dress however you want

Fully dressed or not, it doesn't really matter now that random people and roommates are no longer lingering around.

10. Sleep is never interrupted

Nobody is slamming doors at 3 a.m. when they get home because everyone is already at home and sleeping peacefully.

11. You can actually RELAX when you get home

After a long day of classes, internship hours, extracurriculars, volunteer positions, and part-time jobs, it's really nice to come home and actually be able to de-stress instead of re-stress.