Reasons You Should & Shouldn't Go Away With A Stranger

5 Reasons Why You Should & 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't

578
Jordyn Long

My friend and I both recently decided to go away with strangers. I know what you’re thinking, but I promise it’s not that weird. My case was that I was invited away for the weekend to go to a concert because a girl had an extra ticket, and my friend had to evacuate because of a hurricane. So yeah, when these girls invited us, obviously we went. Who wouldn’t? After all, we have met them at least once before in our lives. We were lucky enough that we benefitted from and enjoyed our experience. AKA we did not have the experiences listed below the “shouldn’t” column (thank goodness). But here are some pros and cons of what could happen if you ever decide to go away with someone you don’t really know

Reasons Why You Should:

1. You Have A Lot To Talk About

Considering you barely know this person, you have a lot to catch up on. It should be pretty easy to talk with them because for some reason, it’s always easier to share personal facts with someone you don’t know. You might start off easy and talk about where you’re from and what activities you did in High School, but then all of a sudden you’re talking about your late Great Aunt Nancy’s meth addiction and how Uncle Larry is in jail for trying to sell coke at her funeral. But it’s okay because now they know what they’re dealing with. Plus, if you’re going back to their hometown with them, it’s good to know what type of people you are about to converse with.

2. Spontaneous Events Are Always More Fun

If it’s unexpected, then you have no expectations. High expectations ruin almost everything. If you have no expectation, you don’t really care what’s going on. You’re just going with the flow, and if you just go with the flow, how could you not be happy?

3. You Could Make A New Friend

This one is a little more than obvious. After all, every friend started out as a stranger.

4. You Kind Of Have To Be Nice To Each Other

You guys aren’t comfortable with each other yet, so you’ll feel the need to be super polite. It’s a never ending cycle of “no it’s okay i’ll pay for it” and “do you need any help with that?”

5. Everything’s New

You’re in a new town with new people. So you’re very open to trying new things. New experiences are exciting, and always good stories to tell.

Reasons Why You Shouldn't:

1. Driving

You don’t know this person. You’ve never seen them behind the wheel of a car. They could be the worst driver of all time. You could be getting into a metal death trap for all you know. But guess what, you already made the decision to get in.

2.Sharing A Bed

Now, this can go anywhere from they sleep ass naked or spread across the bed like a spread eagle to they could get really weird and record you sleeping or hook your brain up to wires to monitor your brain waves.

3. You Could Just Not Get Along With Them

They could be gross and constantly picking their nose. They could be really loud and obnoxious with no filter in public. They could just be straight up annoying or just plain rude. No one wants a gross, obnoxious, annoying, rude friend.

4. They Could Have Weird Fetishes

They could have a weird foot fetish and want to suck on your toes and everyones around you. Maybe they have a sex addiction type fetish and sleep with several people over the next couple days so you’re back and forth places and they might even ask you to join one or two. Or maybe they have a fur fetish and when you enter their room it’s all animal carcass’ everywhere. It could be a whole My Strange Addiction Episode that you have to live through for the next few days.

5.They Could Be A Criminal

For all you know, they could be saying they’re bringing you to a concert or a theme park but in reality maybe they’re just running from the law and need a captive partner in crime. A person to blame. A second driver for the getaway car. So you better be prepared to take on a task like this because there’s no way out.