5 Reasons I'm The Girl Who Really DOES Miss High School

Never thought I'd say this...

153
Personal Photo

I never thought I’d say this, but I actually miss high school a lot.

As much as I wanted to get out of there, there are a few things that I will forever treasure. I may not have had the best high school, but nonetheless, I did experience a lot of fun and memorable things.

1. Friday Nights Under the lights!

I was a cheerleader in high school and something that I will remember is Friday night football games under the lights! I loved the feeling of putting my cheerleading uniform on and grabbing my pom poms to cheer our boys on! Something about football season in high school just always put a huge smile on my face. I couldn’t help but go see a home game this year even though I am a graduate. It’s always good to support your high school teams!

2. The Week before Christmas break!

I can definitely say that holidays are so different now that I am in college! In high school, the week before Christmas break was always so much fun! My teachers would put on Christmas movies and we’d all hand out candy grams and treats to each other! It was always just a good time. I loved seeing my whole school in the holiday spirit. I would always decorate my locker for Christmas as well and get all upset when I’d have to take everything down for holiday break.

3. Seeing My Favorite Teachers every day!

One thing I will always miss about high school is the teachers I had! I had so many amazing teachers that went up and beyond being just a teacher. So many of them went out of there way for me and I am so grateful for that! I had such a good relationship with all of my teachers. On graduation day, I cried not because I was leaving the school, but because I was leaving some of my favorite teachers that helped shape me into the person I am. They truly prepared me for college. I’ll never forget any of them!

4. Spirit Week!

Spirit Week in high school was the best time ever! Every day had a different theme like twin day or Hawaiian day, and then at the end of the week, it was spirit day where we would dress in our school colors! I’d go all out for spirit week! I would go shopping for all of the themed days. No wonder why my class voted me most school spirit!

5. Basketball season!

If you weren’t at a Friday night basketball game, then where were you? These games were always so much fun because the whole community would jam into the gym to support our boys! Seeing everyone wearing our school colors made me so happy! I loved supporting my school and community!

I think every high school student feels like high school will never end, but the reality is that it will. Before you know it, you’ll be walking across that stage getting that diploma and leaving that school forever! Enjoy the time you have in high school. Enjoy that class that you “hate” so much. Enjoy those “annoying class meetings.” You think that you won’t miss any of it but you will sooner or later.