A Reality Check For The Person In A Toxic Relationship

You need to let them go.

32

We all have that one person. That person that will always hold a special place in our heart no matter what. No matter how they act toward you or what they say to you, you cannot just seem to let them go. But here's the truth, you can and it is okay to do so. You do not need them in your life as much as you think. It is now time to look out for you.

They might not have started out like this. In the beginning, they could have been sweet and caring, but now they are a totally different person. I am sorry to say this but that person from the beginning is gone. The worst feeling is seeing someones true colors for the first time. You had them on a pedestal for months or even years. You were blinded by the fake personality that they used when they first met you. You wanted to believe that that was who they were deep down and this is just a phase, but it is not and you need to let go and move on.

If you let someone walk all over you, they will not stop until you stop them. They think they have you under their control now so they will do whatever they want because they know you will always be their fall guy. STOP BEING THEIR FALL GUY. Stand up for yourself. You may think this is all you deserve and you will not be willing to look for anyone else at first, but trust me once you look you will see how much better your life will be without that person. Put yourself first, it is not selfish. There is so many other things to do with your time than worry about being with someone who does not care about you.

You may think you need this person, but you do not. You could possibly be in love with them, but I doubt they feel the same. You do not need someone who needs to put you down in order to feel better. You do not need someone who will push you to the side once they think they would better. You deserve SO much more than that and we both know it. If you still convinced that they are different, I have a plan for you. 3 days of no communication. No texting, calling, Facebook chatting none of it. If they text you on their own or call you then they care and you can ignore this. However, if they do not you know what you need to do.

You have a support system to move on. Everyone has one. They want what is best for you and they will let you lean on them for support when you leave the person you think you cannot live without behind. You do not need the toxic person like you need your support system. However, they will not always be there if you keep pushing them aside to go back to this person. If your support system does not like someone, stay away. You have the ability to live a happy life with people who actually care about you, why would you want to waste it on someone who treats you like gum on the bottom of their shoe?

Someone told me this quote once and it is one of my favorite quotes of all time. "You never really see how toxic someone is until you breathe fresher air". Go find your fresh air. Once the toxic air clears you will be so happy you finally found fresh air. And I know, easier said than done but I have been there. I know how hard it is and now that I am moved on, I take in as much fresh air as I can get. All you need to do is realize it is okay for you to move on.