Realistic New Year Resolutions

Realistic New Year Resolutions

13
Realistic New Year Resolutions

If I hear one more person say, "new year, new me" I'm going to go crazy. So how about instead of the same old, "I'm going to save all of my money up this year" or "I'm going to go to the gym every single day" how about you try some of these more realistic resolutions this year.

1. Go to the gym 3-4 times a week

Telling yourself that you'll go every day isn't only unrealistic but it puts too much stress on you. Instead, be more realistic about how much you'll really go and it'll make it easier for you to want to go.

2. Pick a reasonable amount of money to save each week or month, and stick to it.

Obviously you can't save all of your money all of the time, so go for something more attainable like $5 a week or do a monthly rate. That way it's not a lot of money to give up at one time, but after a while you'll have saved more than you think.

3. I will not save all of my homework until the very last minute.

Say it with me, "I will not save all of my homework until the very last minute." Seriously, stop doing this to yourself. It causes too much unnecessary stress. If you just do a little bit each day or at least do some on Saturday instead of saving it all for Sunday.

4. I will make a healthy meal plan.

Please no more, "I will eat kale every day." Not only is this unrealistic, but it's sad. Kale is for sure food for you, but at what cost? (Cue Ann Perkins gif)

Seriously though, instead of chaining yourself to kale every day, just try to work out a healthy meal plan for yourself that's more attainable.

5. I'm going to travel in the U.S. before I go for Europe.

There's a ton to see and do in the United States that people forget bout as soon as Europe gets thrown into the mix. Traveling to foreign countries is no doubt amazing, but when you're still struggling with student debt, the good ole' U.S of A is a great place to start your traveling adventures.